Ross P to Alabama - For Real

Or must have wanted to win at a higher level than what Iowa can do

If that is more important to him then playing for his favorite team then obviously he is not a huge fan of his favorite team. Not saying he's not a fan at all, just saying he's not a huge fan.

That's disappointing to hear. Iowa needs all of the highly rated recruits they can get, especially the in state kids.

Best team and best coach in college football offer you a full ride tough to turn down.

That depends on your personality. Some people want to jump on the best team so they win for sure. Some people would rather play for the under dog to try to help them win. To me there is no joy in winning if you're on a team that will win with or without me. Or at least not as much joy.

Well. This sucks. But gotta move on. Need another good ol. Time to send b frentz on the hunt.

Best team and best coach in college football offer you a full ride tough to turn down.

It's a full ride until Saban decides he doesn't make the cut. Not a guaranteed full ride. Saban oversigns every year and then cuts to get down to the 85 limit.

best of luck to him. hard to turn down alabama. we would all jump at the chance to play for iowa but when youre one of the top players in the country and you have all the top schools in the country drooling over you it would be hard to turn down.

Stop calling this kid out for not being an Iowa fan. He was offered a full ride to the best football program in the country. You are lying to yourself if you say you wouldn't accept the offer if you we're in his shoes.

Time to move on...... Who knows he may become homesick and transfer back to iowa in a couple years.......he may win a bunch of championships at Alabama and become the #1 pick in the draft. Don't know, don't care anymore.

Sucks to lose an instate kid, but Iowa is loaded on the offensive line.

Amen. Ross Pierschbacher for all of his talent - and he's got a lot of it - was never a program changer for us. We'll just replace him with a future NFL draft pick.

This isn't a five-star QB, RB or WR we're talking about.

Didn't RP know this was supposed to happen last weekend?

I kid I kid.

Although it would've been nice to have him, you can't blame; and we'll be ok without him.

Good luck, kid.

Again, didn't need or want. Next man in. I lost a lot of respect for Ferentz when he didn't pull his scholarship. You don't push the captain around, kid.

Latest posts