Rose Bowl Still Within Reach

I don't consider being realistic throwing in the towel. And frankly, I have no towel to throw in. Whether I think they will win or lose doesn't have any bearing on the outcome of any game. But if you take half a second to look at this team objectively, you will see that there are far to many holes to fill and at least 3 better teams in our own conference. NW is the wild card because they seem to always have the Hawks number.

No way in hell, All you have to do is fake a punt or try an on-side kick, Iowa is never ready for this crap. Poor coaching, way too passive. Special Teams is a disaster at best, Defense is middle of the pack,,,Maybe second in the Big Ten ,,,,again.

Not throwing in the towel.....just too many issues to over come.....its hawkeye football we all love it, we'll keep watchin, the thoughts of running the table is foolish imo

no, you said it better than the other... i'll agree with you trj-

Not throwing in the towel.....just too many issues to over come.....its hawkeye football we all love it, we'll keep watchin, the thoughts of running the table is foolish imo

Well put. I can't allow myself to believe anymore. Maybe I bought into the hype too much. I really thought our D was better than this. I'll still watch and cheer on the Hawks, but this one hurts bad.

I don't consider being realistic throwing in the towel. And frankly, I have no towel to throw in. Whether I think they will win or lose doesn't have any bearing on the outcome of any game. But if you take half a second to look at this team objectively, you will see that there are far to many holes to fill and at least 3 better teams in our own conference. NW is the wild card because they seem to always have the Hawks number.

Its true, I'm just a hot headed fan that thinks the sky is falling. One thing seems to be clear to me, Norm not being available is BAD for this D. He ran bend but don't break. The D without him runs bend and snap.

Have you ever considered that you can be the better team and still lose. Case in point: ISU at Texas.

I agree that none of us on this board can effect what happens on the field, and I am SOOOO glad for that! I didn't say what I did because I thought you did. We are just posters on a message board, after all. But you are giving up on a team that will not be giving up on themselves, while they still have as good of a chance to get to Pasadena as any other team yet. That is your right, but then it is also my right to call a spade a spade. Its defeatism and pathetic.

The Hawks get only their first conference loss and you are ready to give up already? That's all it takes??? Seriously???

Have you ever considered that you can be the better team and still lose. Case in point: ISU at Texas.

We were not the better team since we had home field advantage.

At leat the clones won on the road. And at least their coach is proud instead of riding it out until the kids are out of low income housing and he can go to Penn State.

I agree that none of us on this board can effect what happens on the field, and I am SOOOO glad for that! I didn't say what I did because I thought you did. We are just posters on a message board, after all. But you are giving up on a team that will not be giving up on themselves, while they still have as good of a chance to get to Pasadena as any other team yet. That is your right, but then it is also my right to call a spade a spade. Its defeatism and pathetic.

The Hawks get only their first conference loss and you are ready to give up already? That's all it takes??? Seriously???

I'll bite. Don't misread my comments. I didn't say once that I was giving up on the team. You made that assumption. I will still root hard every Saturday, but I have a more realistic expectation of what this team is made of now. If saying "this team can realistically lose 2-3 games" is defeatist and pathetic to you, so be it.

We were not the better team since we had home field advantage.

At leat the clones won on the road. And at least their coach is proud instead of riding it out until the kids are out of low income housing and he can go to Penn State.

Where the heck did THAT come from??? Geez, step off the ledge, bro.

You don't "fix" things past midseason. It is what it is. It is entirely possible you are llokuing at 5 losses.

Rose Bowl is still with in reach but, Iowa will need a lot of help. The only way Iowa can go is if they win out and Wisconsin has to lose one more. If Wisconsin doesn't lose again there is no way Iowa can go.

I'll bite. Don't misread my comments. I didn't say once that I was giving up on the team. You made that assumption. I will still root hard every Saturday, but I have a more realistic expectation of what this team is made of now. If saying "this team can realistically lose 2-3 games" is defeatist and pathetic to you, so be it.

There is a difference between being realistic and being negative. OF COURSE it is certainly possible that we could lose 2-3 more games, but some of you are talking like you EXPECT it! That is the difference.

Oh, the Hawks will lose 2 or 3 more games, so I'd better protect my psyche and aim low now, so I can't be disappointed anymore!

Getting to the Rose Bowl will be a difficult task to achieve, but that is true for EVERYONE!

Its just funny to me that saying they could lose 2-3 more games is pathetic, but saying they still have very good chance to go to the Rose Bowl is completely reasonable.

Losing 2-3 more games is as likely as us going to the Rose Bowl. We are a no margin for error team and we are making errors in our losses.

Losing 2-3 more games is as likely as us going to the Rose Bowl. We are a no margin for error team and we are making errors in our losses.

Fair enough. So to say one option is pathetic would be to say both options are. I will agree to agree with you.

Edit: And I know you weren't the one calling my comment pathetic...

Let me see.....we need Wisconsin to lose.....What about the team leading the Big Ten - Michigan State!!!! And don't count on us beating them unless our coaches can get an intelligence transfusion before then.

Latest posts