Ron Coluzzi

hawkod

I know we're only 2 games in, but if he can sustain his performance throughout the season he's going to be worth 1/2 of a win this year compared to what we thought we'd have at punter and kickoff man. The elevation on his punts dramatically limits returns vs last year and his touchback record so far on kickoffs has been unexpectedly good. Too bad we only get Ron this year.

I know we're only 2 games in, but if he can sustain his performance throughout the season he's going to be worth 1/2 of a win this year compared to what we thought we'd have at punter and kickoff man. The elevation on his punts dramatically limits returns vs last year and his touchback record so far on kickoffs has been unexpectedly good. Too bad we only get Ron this year.

I'm just glad the coaches are taking advantage of the graduate transfer rule exception. We're a little late to the party in that area but I'm glad we're finally on board.

I'm just glad the coaches are taking advantage of the graduate transfer rule exception. We're a little late to the party in that area but I'm glad we're finally on board.
There's a party? I don't believe it's that prevalent. And unless they have a huge need (like they did for a punter this year) why would you 'cheat' a kid that's been busting his rump in your program for 3-5 years. I don't see KF getting too involved in this 'trend' as we are a developmental program and you can't teach a kid to play your way and in your system in a few months. It's a bad rule, akin to bringing free agency to college football, and will ultimately only help the 'rich' get richer.....

There's a party? I don't believe it's that prevalent. And unless they have a huge need (like they did for a punter this year) why would you 'cheat' a kid that's been busting his rump in your program for 3-5 years. I don't see KF getting too involved in this 'trend' as we are a developmental program and you can't teach a kid to play your way and in your system in a few months. It's a bad rule, akin to bringing free agency to college football, and will ultimately only help the 'rich' get richer.....

Most people here want Iowa to be "rich".

I see that Marshall Coluzzi was among visiting recruits this weekend, a long snapper from Naperville, IL. Is he brother of Ron?

...why would you 'cheat' a kid that's been busting his rump in your program for 3-5 years.

If you want to play football for Iowa or any other college team, then "be better" than the other players at your position. E's for effort don't win football games, as admirable as they may be.

I want this team to win football games and I also want Ferentz to do whatever is best for the team within the NCAA rules. If he thinks our kicking sucks and he needs to go find someone or we're going to lose games, then by all means tell Tyler Barnes to get on the phone.

I think using it on a punter or a kicker is a sound decision. One hit wonders at those positions who have experience is a good thing. Isn't like your trying to put 40 lbs on the guys to develop them like a lineman. I think a graduate transfer at those two specialized positions is not a bad decision. I agree you'd want time to develop players at other positions.

Most people here want Iowa to be "rich".
Won't ever happen. We run a 'clean' program here. And trust me, you're not 'most' Iowa fans. You and a few of your whiny friends on here don't constitute the 'majority'....good grief.....

Won't ever happen. We run a 'clean' program here. And trust me, you're not 'most' Iowa fans. You and a few of your whiny friends on here don't constitute the 'majority'....good grief.....

So, you are a part of the program? WE? It always cracks me up to see people saying Iowa is clean when WE don't really know. WE do know that the rape case several years ago didn't appear clean. There are football players that have stayed at local booster hotels which is not exactly a clean activity. The Ronnie Harmon thingy under a different coach certainly wasn't clean but know one knows what really happened outside of a few people. Iowa really dodged something with that. Not sure what but it could have been bad given what happened to other programs during that era.

I'm not saying Iowa isn't "clean" by standards. Very few people not tied to the program really know, but it is spouted. Iowa State is proof positive than being less than clean isn't a fool proof way to win. So teams that win aren't "clean" and you know that? If Iowa went 14-0 last year does that make them not clean? If they go unbeaten this year and 12-2 last year is Iowa not clean?

So "rich" in this case means being a really good program. So now you're arguing that most on here don't want to be a really good program? That's impressive even for you.

I don't think that accepting a 5th year transfer is a big deal at all, in any sport. If the NCAA says it's okay and the player can benefit your program for the year, why not?

I think this site is so openly against it because Iowa State used it to build their basketball program and we don't want to follow in their footsteps. It's a little petty.

All this talk about "clean" programs and doing things the "right" way doesn't add up in my mind. Obviously, 5th year transfers have some sort of connotation that under the table benefits are involved. If that's the case then I change my mind. But if it's legit and any player has put in the time to graduate and wants to see what another school has to offer, I say again. Why not?

I think we all can agree recruiting isn't a exact science,sometimes you miss that's why you see freshman jumping over 2 and 3 year players,it happens.

So "rich" in this case means being a really good program. So now you're arguing that most on here don't want to be a really good program? That's impressive even for you.
Wow, you powers of deductive reasoning are simply amazing!

Latest posts