Rome: Kelly a better choice than Ferentz

Agreed, Kelly is a much better fit at ND. KF isn't likely to succeed anywhere other than Iowa. He'd be a terrible coach at the NFL level and isn't couldnt handle coaching big boy college football. Looks like there's no reason for anyone else to even consider him for another job ever.....

.... Do you think they bought that?

I also heard this. Rome asked him who he thought the best coach in the big ten is, and Rome said that it had to be Jim Tressel (or maybe someone else), and the guy says, no it's Ferentz. And then Rome said he agreed, and that he's been saying that for a long time. I stopped listening to him at that moment no joke. Because he is full of ****

Glad I didn't imagine that happened. To say bad things about him is one thing but then to lie about it just amazes me.

I don't think it will matter who Notre Dame hires as a head coach until they can develop a defense. Notre Dame went 6-6 with the weakest Notre Dame schedule in a long time and had to get very lucky to beat teams like Purdue.
The three things that will turn around the Domers is more talent on defense and smarter recruiting. I think Kelly was a good hire for him as long as he gets a good DC and the Domer fans won't whine (they will) when they start signing a bunch of 3 star guys instead of 4/5 star recruiting stars because they need guys who fit vs any big name they can get

I have still not heard an explaination on how Rome said this on Tuesday when he has been on vacation for the past two weeks.

Why would anyone think Kirk or anyone in a prestigious organization with a winning record this year want to coach ND and go right into the hot seat on year one?

This statement is carved in stone

Notre Dame goes .500 or worse.. (peanut gallery and every reporter in the nation) comments below.

Do you think he was the right choice?

Wow , i dont know if he can get it done.

No comment from the AD

The kids there are backing him 100% and really like him! (in fact they have no idea if the players like him , thats just something leaked to the press from ND pressers...)

Well , it will take 4 years for him to get the program up and running again..
(this is year after year of the same top high-end recruits that lands them in the top 10 every year).

Now the biggie! if he comes in and wins , lets say 9 games and they go to a bowl game(win or lose) They say he is the next coming of jesus , and in reality probably just a better coach that Chunky Charlie was.

Probably the largest mistake ND made in the last 20 years was letting Tyrone Willingham go . I work with 3 die hard ND fans , they all said it was a great move and he was not that great of a coach. I told them all , look you are making bowl games and have winning seasons , its not him its your academic standards , and lets face it Ohio State , Illinois( the infamous number 2 recruiting class) and Michigan take their toll on your recruits .I told them if your gonna make some the coach there pick a former NFL player that played for ND...hell you could get all of them together in a stadium somewhere and lob a flipping lawn dart and the ones that it hits could probably coach the ND football program...its not like they have to beg people to go there lol.

They need a coach to get behind and im not talking about the buffet line (drum snare)

Kelly was a better choice. He had a job at which he wasn't interested in remaining.

Ferentz likes where he is.

;)

I was listening to Rome once(it has been a couple years) and he was interviewing a college football analyst(I think his name is Spencer Tillman), anyway the analyst was going on and on about how great he thought Ferentz was and what a great job he has done with the program. When he finished Rome said something like, "I agree and I've said that about him before." Does anyone else remember this? I couldn't believe it because I've never heard him say anything good about Kirk or Iowa. In fact I've heard him say that Ferentz is "a dime a dozen" coach. I couldn't believe he would outright lie to the guy like that.

I remember that and it was replayed on KXNO a year or two after it happened. JR looked like a fool when tape was played smacking B Banks, UofI, KF and all other BT teams. then they played the interview with ST and you typed it almost exactly like it happened. I do not listen to him, his show is trash, he sucks up to anybody who will appear on the show and acts like his buddy. There is never any late breaking news, interesting tidbits, or anything of value other than him pumping himself up and the expense of others. How do you say of NO VALUE andy clearer than that?
How does he stay on the air when it's the same lame stuff everyday. I don't miss it at all.

I listen to Rome. I like Rome. Obviously I'm not a true Iowa fan. Wait, I'm not a lemming; I don't base who I like (or not like) based on who Kirk does or does not like. Good Night Now!

I listen to Rome. I like Rome. Obviously I'm not a true Iowa fan. Wait, I'm not a lemming; I don't base who I like (or not like) based on who Kirk does or does not like. Good Night Now!

+1 I love to listen to Rome. It is a great show. If you want 3 hours of Hawkeye love, look elsewhere. He does give Iowa love from time to time, and nothing he said about the Notre Dame job wasn't incorrect. Brian Kelly is a much better fit for the job. Ferentz is obviously happy where he is. Now I'm Done. Rack me.

+1 I love to listen to Rome. It is a great show. If you want 3 hours of Hawkeye love, look elsewhere. He does give Iowa love from time to time, and nothing he said about the Notre Dame job wasn't incorrect. Brian Kelly is a much better fit for the job. Ferentz is obviously happy where he is. Now I'm Done. Rack me.

you consider Romes show great????.....sad! I dont care about the Iowa thing at all.....Rome isnt very good.

I have still not heard an explaination on how Rome said this on Tuesday when he has been on vacation for the past two weeks.

Pre-recorded take. He's on every afternoon for about a minute around 4 PM just before Matt & Miller go on the air. I heard it. At least he pronounced Kirk's last name right this time. I get really tired of the dis-respect of his intentionally mis-pronouncing it. So much so that I emailed him one day explaining that it rhymes with PARENTS, but he wouldn't know that since he doesn't know who his are. LMAO.

Last edited:

Funny, I don't like Rome because he's a Grade A *********. He simply proves it with his constant Iowa bashing for no reason other than a coach didn't want to be on his douchebaggy show.