Rome: Kelly a better choice than Ferentz

1977Hawkeye

In regards to the Notre Dame hire. Just heard that on the radio. Gee, who would've expected that? We all know Rome hates Iowa and Kirk Ferentz in particular for snubbing him back in 2002, but I couldn't resist throwing you guys this piece of meat.

Not that Kelly is a bad hire IMO, just sayin'.

Rome is such a dufus.

In regards to the Notre Dame hire. Just heard that on the radio. Gee, who would've expected that? We all know Rome hates Iowa and Kirk Ferentz in particular for snubbing him back in 2002, but I couldn't resist throwing you guys this piece of meat.

Not that Kelly is a bad hire, just sayin'.

Rome is such a dufus.

Rome also said that either right before, or right after Kelly took the job.

What, you say? Rome badmouthing Kirk? Erroneous on all accounts! There is no way that Jim Rome would ever say anything bad about the captain. I mean, they're such good buds and all...:p

Anyone that supports Rome is not 100% Hawkeye(ya I said it), considering he does nothing but badmouth the program whenever he gets a chance. Stop listening to that trash, there is a reason the Captain stayed away.

He could be right that Kelly is a better choice than Kelly..

Not that Kelly is a bad hire IMO, just sayin'.

Rome is such a dufus.

for Notre Dame. It's an unprovable comment, as I doubt KF ever coaches there. I know who I would prefer as the coach at Iowa, and that's KF.

I was listening to Rome once(it has been a couple years) and he was interviewing a college football analyst(I think his name is Spencer Tillman), anyway the analyst was going on and on about how great he thought Ferentz was and what a great job he has done with the program. When he finished Rome said something like, "I agree and I've said that about him before." Does anyone else remember this? I couldn't believe it because I've never heard him say anything good about Kirk or Iowa. In fact I've heard him say that Ferentz is "a dime a dozen" coach. I couldn't believe he would outright lie to the guy like that.

Anyone thats still giving Rome any sort of attention is the actual tool. Rome has a good thing going for him and it consists of making people hate him so they will watch or listen to him.

For the record, I wasn't listening to Rome (I stopped listenging to him several years ago). I was listening to the Murph & Andy show on the internet, and heard it in a commercial break when they sometimes play short clips from Rome's show. This was mentioned in one of those clips.

I can't stand Rome's show and all his "clones" that call in with their comments. The most irritating show I've ever heard, and I've never heard a guy who likes listening to himself talk more than Rome does.

I know for a fact that Rome is on vacation this week, and so you could not have heard him say this on the radio yesterday. He had a guest host yesterday, who was (checking the website) Tony Rizzo. Maybe Tony Rizzo said that about Ferentz, but you didn't hear Rome say that yesterday.

That being said, saying that Kelly is a better fit for ND is not an outlandish statement, is an opinion held by many (including those with no hostility towards Iowa), and I don't see it as particularly insulting to Ferentz.

I just can't see any reason to be offended by his comments.

He's trying to put Iowa down by saying that Kelly was a better higher than Ferentz would've been when in fact Ferentz has admitted that he had no interest in the Notre Dame job and everyone knew it.

It's basically Jim blowing smoke out of his *** to generate a response and this one is particularly more pathetic than usual that it doesn't even dignify a response.

I was listening to Rome once(it has been a couple years) and he was interviewing a college football analyst(I think his name is Spencer Tillman), anyway the analyst was going on and on about how great he thought Ferentz was and what a great job he has done with the program. When he finished Rome said something like, "I agree and I've said that about him before." Does anyone else remember this? I couldn't believe it because I've never heard him say anything good about Kirk or Iowa. In fact I've heard him say that Ferentz is "a dime a dozen" coach. I couldn't believe he would outright lie to the guy like that.

I also heard this. Rome asked him who he thought the best coach in the big ten is, and Rome said that it had to be Jim Tressel (or maybe someone else), and the guy says, no it's Ferentz. And then Rome said he agreed, and that he's been saying that for a long time. I stopped listening to him at that moment no joke. Because he is full of ****

I just can't see any reason to be offended by his comments.

He's trying to put Iowa down by saying that Kelly was a better higher than Ferentz would've been when in fact Ferentz has admitted that he had no interest in the Notre Dame job and everyone knew it.

It's basically Jim blowing smoke out of his *** to generate a response and this one is particularly more pathetic than usual that it doesn't even dignify a response.

+ 1
let it go people

Anyone that supports Rome is not 100% Hawkeye(ya I said it), considering he does nothing but badmouth the program whenever he gets a chance. Stop listening to that trash, there is a reason the Captain stayed away.

Any other guidelines we should all know about?

Latest posts