Roll Call... Who is driving to Pasadena??

I'm officially driving there. Not real excited about it but any flight that's even remotely reasonable priced has such long layovers it doesn't justify flying.

No way I'd plan on taking the 80 or 70 route, it's just too risky in December/January. I think Vail Pass has been at a standstill for hours today because some idiot caused a huge accident.

Looking like I80-->I70-->I15 is going to be our route tomorrow, I'm thinking. In an ironic twist, the winter weather is blocking the southern path and leaving Denver clear... Fingers crossed.

Looking like I80-->I70-->I15 is going to be our route tomorrow, I'm thinking. In an ironic twist, the winter weather is blocking the southern path and leaving Denver clear... Fingers crossed.

We are leaving from Davenport tomorrow also. Was debating which route to take still. Hoping the roads thru Iowa will be ok at that point. What part of the southern route looks bad? I thought they all looked decent tomorrow.

The news I've been reading out of NM and Texas is they had some blizzard conditions there. The passes in CO currently seem to be fairly clear/dry. Is it going to melt off down south you think?

Ya your right. There are portions of I40 closed right now. The way you said may be the best. What time you plan on leaving Iowa City?

Currently in Knoxville (about half hour south of i80 at Newton) because I'm home for Christmas. We will probably leave here around 9am tomorrow (limited by someone having to work a bit before we leave), if roads are good. If not, we are waiting until things look clear and trying to push for Denver area night 1, and push for Pasadena in day 2.

Sounds like a plan. If roads are decent wed like to get to Grand junction the first day.
dont think it was you' but I live in Grand Junction and am having breakfast at a McDonalds this morning. Who walks in but a couple of carloads of Hawk fans. Had to go over and say Hi. Roads are clear from Denver t I-15 for the next few days. Beautiful trip. Enjoy and Go Hawks!!

Latest posts