Roll Call... Who is driving to Pasadena??

I will be there. Flying from San Antonio. Family is coming from NE Iowa and Rochester, MN too.
Anyone else ready to drink Pasadena out of beer like we did in Indy?

Leaving Monday the 28th and taking the New Mexico route, unless weather dictates otherwise. Will bust my butt to get back to work the morning of Jan. 4.

Leaving on Tuesday the 29th and taking the southern route unless it's very clear through Denver. Plan on arriving late Wednesday night and staying until the 3rd

Leaving Christmas Day afternoon with the family and we'll take 4 days to get there so we have time to see the sights and whatnot along the way. Taking the southern route thru Dodge City, Santa Fe, heading to the Grand Canyon and then on to Pasadena.

Driving to minneapolis from Cedar Rapis area, flying to Vegas on 29th. Driving to Pasadena the 30th or 31st. flying out of LA the 4th back to minny. Should only be about 13 hrs of extra driving time. Got plane tickets under 300 a person roundtrip this way. Rental car cost about $325 though.

I am absolutely going. Going to leave the house on 12/31 around 2pm and drive to Pasadena. I'll probably take the 5 to the 57 to the 210, but I'll be sure to Waze first. Should take about an hour to an hour and a half.

If you seen this truck, it must be the Hawkeyes on the way to Rose Bowl.
mooseheads.jpg

I think we are going to leave the 28th and take the southern route and hit the grand canyon and other things.

25 hours from western Iowa.

I-80 is a better route in the winter than I-70 (through Denver) about 100 miles further.
I-40 (south route) is 1800 + miles to LA.

I-40 wins this year unless the pattern breaks in the next couple weeks.

They've closed the gates on I 80 in Wyoming. Just saw this on Wunderground - "To the north, Interstate 80 remains closed Wednesday from Cheyenne, Wyoming, to Evanston, a 350-mile stretch of roadway, because of snowy conditions, the state's Department of Transportation announced."

http://www.wunderground.com/news/winter-storm-echo-impacts

25 hours from western Iowa.

I-80 is a better route in the winter than I-70 (through Denver) about 100 miles further.
I-40 (south route) is 1800 + miles to LA.
I wouldn't go I-80 in the Winter. The stretch of I-80 from Laramie to Rock Springs closes more frequently than any other segment of interstate highway. The other day it was closed indefinitely by Wyoming Department of Transportation. Even if it hasn't snowed for several days, blowing snow ices the highway and causes white outs.

Latest posts