Opening recruitment back up #ithinkso #seeyaiowa
Retweeted by marcmorehouse

Rodney Coe @COEsoCOLD27
If I have to play d-line...... #notgoingtoiowa
Retweeted by Rob Howe

Rodney Coe @COEsoCOLD27
Tired of this snow #leavingiowa

Rodney Coe @COEsoCOLD27
@That1Guyy07 guess it's just time for me to hit some mofos my brotha, running the rock days are over #justwannamakethatcash

Last edited:
He will not be a running back at a D1 school. He is just crazy. He has a chance to be a big talent on the line. What a waste.

If He doesn't want to play d-line I don't think it's that big of a loss anyways. Why do these players refuse to change positions. Guys like Derby and Coe might of been able to play in the NFL if they just realized where they're most valueable.

Even the Iowa Western coaches were talking about moving him to DL this spring.

Kid is obviously not real sharp, and I think Iowa has learned their lesson on bringing kids in at positions they can't play and then trying to move them later.

From the sound of it. It appears he realizes he's going to be playing D-Line, and doesn't want to play Defense for Iowa.

"Running the rock days are over".

Like to see where Rodney Coe and AJ Derby end up in 3 years. Both were top 100 recruits, Army All-Americans unwilling to take advice from Iowa and switch positions.

Then we have Marvin McNutt and Dallas Clark (just a couple of examples) who have done quite well in the NFL and college so far. McNutt a 2* QB recruit and Clark a walk-on LB.

Coe and Derby have the hype. McNutt and Clark had the drive.

Nah, he is just tired of all the snow have gotten this year . He is from Illinois, not used to the winter.

Like to see where Rodney Coe and AJ Derby end up in 3 years. Both were top 100 recruits, Army All-Americans unwilling to take advice from Iowa and switch positions.

Then we have Marvin McNutt and Dallas Clark (just a couple of examples) who have done quite well in the NFL and college so far. McNutt a 2* QB recruit and Clark a walk-on LB.

Coe and Derby have the hype. McNutt and Clark had the drive.

Not to get away from your point but Mcnutt was a high 3* player coming out of high school. Had some pretty good offers as well.

Even the Iowa Western coaches were talking about moving him to DL this spring.

Kid is obviously not real sharp

Speaking of which, this Tweet made me laugh a bit.

Coe1.jpg

Not to get away from your point but Mcnutt was a high 3* player coming out of high school. Had some pretty good offers as well.

Perhaps, but more of didn't have the accolades of Coe and Derby is more of what I meant. Point taken though, thanks. Chad Greenway maybe a better example. Was a QB on a 9-man football team in South Dakota I believe.

tired of the snow? He grew up in Illinois, that's not exactly SoCal.

I'm starting to see a parallel between recruiting and dating. You can chase the hottest chick in school...but she's likely to be high maintenance and have an inflated opinion of herself...having been spoiled by all the attention.

The above-average looking gal who has a sense of humor, intelligence and perspective is usually a better "get" in the long run.

Last edited: