Rob’s Agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGOLD

Is anyone else curious why Rob didn’t report on anything that KF said during the press conference but continued retweeting players comments? I’ve really enjoyed Rob’s podcasts with players and his insight but I found it suspicious that he continues to only share players stories and not report both sides of the story. I know how important it is to ‘stay woke’ in today’s climate but I have to question whether there’s an agenda at this point.

Is anyone else curious why Rob didn’t report on anything that KF said during the press conference but continued retweeting players comments? I’ve really enjoyed Rob’s podcasts with players and his insight but I found it suspicious that he continues to only share players stories and not report both sides of the story. I know how important it is to ‘stay woke’ in today’s climate but I have to question whether there’s an agenda at this point.

Rob wants to get clicks. Period. Look at his Twitter feed and responses, when someone disagrees with him he gets all pissy and blocks them. With this he's just going to go with the flow and not create waves.

Rob's name is also on all of his tweets and columns/posts here. As far as I know the only poster on this board that doesn't have anonymity. Any public statement is a slippery slope right now.

He's on a way different playing field than the random tweeter or message board poster that doesn't have their names attached to comments.

Really? I’m under the assumption he’s joining The Atlantic, it’s the only reasonable explanation for the self-sabotage that’s occurring.

I hardly think asking tough questions of the Head Coach is going to get him any additional clicks on here. It might pick him up some extra followers on Twitter but is that a big money maker?

I hardly think asking tough questions of the Head Coach is going to get him any additional clicks on here. It might pick him up some extra followers on Twitter but is that a big money maker?
Is he asking tough questions or only reporting/retweeting players complaints about the program? It seems like he’s not asking any questions, he’s just none to eager than to divide the Iowa fanbase.

During investigations the involved parties representing the University are not allowed to publicly voice their side of the story so there would not be any reason to post any new information from Doyle’s perspective because Doyle would not be making any comments. The information Kirk did give out would very generic and basic with out details of individual or specific allegations.

So what would Rob have to say? The players comments speak for themselves. Rob is a sports reporter and not an investigative reporter for the New York Times. Even if he was an investigative reporter any person officially close to the program would have strict orders to not release any specific information related to the investigation.

Is he asking tough questions or only reporting/retweeting players complaints about the program? It seems like he’s not asking any questions, he’s just none to eager than to divide the Iowa fanbase.

There is another thread where he posted the questions he asked Kirk from today’s press conference.

It's in another thread

Rob has said before he was abused as a child. I know personally how that impacts someone.

I believe he alluded to regret about not saying more previously.

When child abuse victims get older due to age, abusers dying off and just plain exhausted from the effort of trying to ignore and push down feelings including denial and shame that goes with it they either go off the deep end or address what happened.

The issues surrounding Iowa football is abuse. It was right under our nose. We ignored it. Minimally you have Doyle and likely BF as abusers and KF as the inabler.

When you see abuse it makes you stand up.
The average age where people come out about abuse to the point they are done living the charade is 53 which he just turned.

I don't know this is Rob but I get it. When I came out I was....53.

Makes sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

Several years ago I took on an Iowa sheriff about being an enabler. I was like a roaring lion. I also took on a police department too.

What was ironic he refused to take statements...the sheriff. Several months later he was arresting a guy due to an out of state warrant for abuse, one of my abusers,h refused to hear anything about. That abuser is now in prison.

My take

Last edited:
It's in another thread
I understand that. But the amount of retweets (many of which have no racial undertones whatsoever) don’t outweigh his reporting on the other side. I think as a whole this could be good for the program, but I also see other writers being more selective in the tweets they report.

Son of a bitch. For years...years...posters on this board and other Hawkeye message boards have taken Rob and other sports writers to task for softball questions, not attempting to hold head coaches accountable, and basically being errand boys who just spoon feed the AD's messaging to the public.

When this issue surfaced Rob openly stated that if the allegations were true, he felt culpable for missing the sign posts and not asking the hard questions. So he is. He's doing the thing that people have claimed for a long time wasn't being done by ANY writer covering Iowa athletics.

And he still gets burned at the stake. Talk about a rock and hard place.

None of you has any f'ing idea what kind work Rob has been doing. You have no f'ing idea what kind research he has underway, who he has and hasn't talked to, whether he sought white player feedback, which staff members he's been in contact with, or what stories he's writing. So you sure as hell have no basis on which to judge the fairness of his coverage.

Until this afternoon only ONE side of the story was public and Rob covered that one side. Real journalism takes time. Give the man a chance to work for f*#k sake.

Now, Rob, don't let me down. ;)

I understand that. But the amount of retweets (many of which have no racial undertones whatsoever) don’t outweigh his reporting on the other side. I think as a whole this could be good for the program, but I also see other writers being more selective in the tweets they report.

It's obvious he's retweeting every negative tweet. But I have seen him post a couple positive ones too. I have no way of knowing if he's posting every positive tweet he sees or only the ones that other people have already put out. It's obvious from his previous actions he is pretty intolerant of people who see things a bit differently. But I've seen less of that recently so maybe he's stepped back a bit. People on both sides need to listen and learn.

Son of a bitch. For years...years...posters on this board and other Hawkeye message boards have taken Rob and other sports writers to task for softball questions, not attempting to hold head coaches accountable, and basically being errand boys who just spoon feed the AD's messaging to the public.

When this issue surfaced Rob openly stated that if the allegations were true, he felt culpable for missing the sign posts and not asking the hard questions. So he is. He's doing the thing that people have claimed for a long time wasn't being done by ANY writer covering Iowa athletics.

None of you has any f'ing idea what kind work Rob has been doing. You have no f'ing idea what kind research he has underway, who he has and hasn't talked to, whether he sought white player feedback, which staff members he's been in contact with, or what stories he's writing. So you sure as hell have no basis on which to judge the fairness of his coverage.

Until this afternoon only ONE side of the story was public and Rob covered that one side. Real journalism takes time. Give the man a chance to work for f*#k sake.

With social media, everyone has a voice so you will always piss some people off, regardless of what you do or say. There are just too many people for everyone to think the same.

Like most things, there’s a happy medium. The pendulum has swung way too far and the reporting almost seem malicious, or at very least agenda driven. I agree though, Iowa fans (and I’m probably guilty of such) have been calling for tougher questions. I just think the timing of changing course is questionable at best.

It's obvious he's retweeting every negative tweet. But I have seen him post a couple positive ones too. I have no way of knowing if he's posting every positive tweet he sees or only the ones that other people have already put out. It's obvious from his previous actions he is pretty intolerant of people who see things a bit differently. But I've seen less of that recently so maybe he's stepped back a bit. People on both sides need to listen and learn.

You would know best the repercussions of disagreeing with Rob and being put on blast for doing such.

You guys can unload on me. Let me have it.

I'm doing the best I can at doing my job. Am I perfect? No. Have I Tweeted or ReTweeted everything? I'm sure I haven't. It's hard to see everything, like on here.

As I said yesterday, this story sucks. If you think I'm enjoying myself, you're mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts