Rob’s Agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you say "all lives matter" immediately after a protester says "black lives matter", you're being unnecessarily provocative. If you say ALM outside of that context, you're making a values statement that is wholly appropriate.

Saw this on Twitter, think it's a pretty apt description:

"If you break your arm and go to the doctor, and the doctor says “all your bones matter, not just your arm.” You’re gonna look at them stupid because yes, all your bones matter but your arm needs attention right now. BLM is that arm, saying all lives matter is redundant."

I've waffled on the BLM / ALM issue. The analogy that reframed and crystallized it for me was "If my wife asks 'Do you love me?' and I respond 'I love all people.', that may be true, but it's hurtful."

I've waffled on the BLM / ALM issue. The analogy that reframed and crystallized it for me was "If my wife asks 'Do you love me?' and I respond 'I love all people.', that may be true, but it's hurtful."

I don't get it. Is BLM supposed to be the wife in this scenario? If so, they are specifically asking for more love or whatever. It doesn't make sense.

I'll do my best to explain this once since the whole point is communication and education, I don't post on this board much, because quite frankly, quite a few people that do demonstrate misguided values and small mindedness on a daily basis. I come here for the content rob provides and will continue to do so, but having discussions on these boards does very little for me other than reinforce why I left the state in my teens and have no desire to ever go back.

Saying black lives matter doesn't say they matter more or only they matter. It's a rally cry to stand up to systemic racism and police brutality that's it. In your post you've not only proven you don't get that, you also tried to make this about you. It's not, it's not about me either. So maybe walk a mile in their shoes, maybe close your mouth and open your eyes and ears, or maybe just turn off the internet and live in your bubble of ignorance and misguided morals.

And again I have no interest in debating anything on these boards, I just wanted to make sure Rob knew that people out here respected him and his effort to give people access to content they might not be able to get anywhere else. I avoid social media like the plague and would never have seen the player's tweets had he not put them here.
I don’t think you are the one who gets

There isnt a program in the country that won't or doesn't have already those who claim racism. There is no point in making Iowa the example. Lock up and fire everybody in America? Or, work toward solutions. Firing people for having unpopular opinions isn't the way. All of these kids that came through were given degrees and an opportunity to turn hard work into millions of dollars. Is there institutional racism or unconscious bias, surely. Its everywhere. You don't send good people packing. America is too sensitive. If Iowa was a hotbed of racism, big brothers wouldn't be sending little brothers to Iowa City. Or minority graduates of the program wouldnt be cashing 7 figure checks. They wouldn't be welcome. Now, fix it. There is no need for witch hunts. Major American cities are going to to defund police forces? Apocalypse in 3......2.......1......good luck America. Smh.

Saw this on Twitter, think it's a pretty apt description:

"If you break your arm and go to the doctor, and the doctor says “all your bones matter, not just your arm.” You’re gonna look at them stupid because yes, all your bones matter but your arm needs attention right now. BLM is that arm, saying all lives matter is redundant."

Great analogy. I can't click like on this this enough. It's by no means an attempt to disrespect any other race or say that only blacks matter.

Great analogy. I can't click like on this this enough. It's by no means an attempt to disrespect any other race or say that only blacks matter.
Just remember if you click like on it an even amount of times, you don't like the post.

There isnt a program in the country that won't or doesn't have already those who claim racism. There is no point in making Iowa the example. Lock up and fire everybody in America? Or, work toward solutions. Firing people for having unpopular opinions isn't the way. All of these kids that came through were given degrees and an opportunity to turn hard work into millions of dollars. Is there institutional racism or unconscious bias, surely. Its everywhere. You don't send good people packing. America is too sensitive. If Iowa was a hotbed of racism, big brothers wouldn't be sending little brothers to Iowa City. Or minority graduates of the program wouldnt be cashing 7 figure checks. They wouldn't be welcome. Now, fix it. There is no need for witch hunts. Major American cities are going to to defund police forces? Apocalypse in 3......2.......1......good luck America. Smh.

People who treat someone like shit because they're black deserve to be fired. People who don't go out of their way to treat black people better just because they're black don't deserve to be fired. That's my opinion. It's too early to tell for sure which category Doyle falls into. If it comes out he's insensitive to all people, then everyone needs to decide if it's worth it to have an insensitive prick at that position. If it comes out he treats black people worse, he needs to go. Either way, he needs to be told to tread lightly when dealing with black people. Error on the side of caution.

I don’t think you are the one who gets
It sucks that everything he says in that video needs to be said to get to a point where blacks and whites are on equal ground, yet you can't say them without being called racist. I'm sure half of the people who click on that video comes away thinking Ben Shapiro is a racist.

Is anyone else curious why Rob didn’t report on anything that KF said during the press conference but continued retweeting players comments? I’ve really enjoyed Rob’s podcasts with players and his insight but I found it suspicious that he continues to only share players stories and not report both sides of the story. I know how important it is to ‘stay woke’ in today’s climate but I have to question whether there’s an agenda at this point.

"Hard Copy" Howe is still miffed that he lost credentials for a while after saying KF got fired from some place where he didn't actually get fired.

His latest is posting DJKs third or fourth version of what happened while he was at Iowa. If you'll recall, DJK has gone from martyr to self-aware, to martyr to self-aware, and now back to martyr.

Here's the hoot: DJK says he was "highly recruited" by Ohio State. Yeah, KF plucks guys out of Ohio that were "highly recruited" by Ohio State ALL THE TIME! As in...never. If O$U wanted DJK, he would have been at O$U.

You guys can unload on me. Let me have it.

I'm doing the best I can at doing my job. Am I perfect? No. Have I Tweeted or ReTweeted everything? I'm sure I haven't. It's hard to see everything, like on here.

As I said yesterday, this story sucks. If you think I'm enjoying myself, you're mistaken.

I call b.s.

I think it’s a shitty deal that the Hawkeye program is getting called out on social media. It seems to me, that if there truly is a problem with the culture of Iowa football, why didn’t you speak out then? Why couldn’t any of the players called up Kirk’s office and bring it up to him and ask for change? I’m sure KF is the kinda guy that would look into the situation and make the necessary changes. But because George Floyd was brutally killed by that piece of shit cop, you are all hurting and now you feel you have to lash out at someone. No, you can’t take your sorry asses out and protest because you are afraid to get your heads busted along side all the white faces that are out there supporting you. No, you got to take to social media and try to place blame on someone in your world of influence. All it takes is one person to post something and you all gotta show support by chiming in. Just like some celebrity that gets accused of a sex crime and all the other old whores come crawling out of the woodwork years after the fact. I guess this is the new fad that everybody wants to play the victim card. If you want change, start with your own culture and fix that first! Cause let me tell you, as a race, you really are a major disappointment in this country. I expected you to rise above all this and become good solid Americans citizens, but no, you come to expect everything to be handed to you. That’s not your fault though, because you let the far left in this country become your enablers. If you take a good look at every blue state, you see the highest homeless rates, the highest crime rates, the highest murder rates, the poorest educational systems, the highest welfare rolls, and the highest poverty rates. You are letting them enslave you and you all need to wake the F up and see who is doing this to you! I am actually on your side. I hate what I see happening all over America. Go on the internet and look up Agenda 21, the Georgia Guidestones. They dont give two shits about your life or my life for that matter. The governments of this world have all signed on to put us all under their control! They want to control all the land, all the food, all the water, all of the economies, and yes, even the population. Their ideal number is a population of 500 million people worldwide. How do you think they are going get there? Starting a WW3 with China. Release pandemics, food shortages and civil unrest! And right now we are experiencing 3 of those things right now and we are stirring the pot on worldwide warfare! How many lives is all this going to cost us? Billions! Funny thing, while writing this post, my browser has shut down on me three times. That has never happened before. I think someone is watching. NSA at it again? I’ll probably have the FBI at my door tomorrow.

I saw this one today, was the best analogy I've seen IMO.

Paraphrased...

"broke my right arm and went to the doctor, he told me all bones matter of course, but we need to care for and attend to your broken arm right now".

I think it’s a shitty deal that the Hawkeye program is getting called out on social media. It seems to me, that if there truly is a problem with the culture of Iowa football, why didn’t you speak out then? Why couldn’t any of the players called up Kirk’s office and bring it up to him and ask for change? I’m sure KF is the kinda guy that would look into the situation and make the necessary changes. But because George Floyd was brutally killed by that piece of shit cop, you are all hurting and now you feel you have to lash out at someone. No, you can’t take your sorry asses out and protest because you are afraid to get your heads busted along side all the white faces that are out there supporting you. No, you got to take to social media and try to place blame on someone in your world of influence. All it takes is one person to post something and you all gotta show support by chiming in. Just like some celebrity that gets accused of a sex crime and all the other old whores come crawling out of the woodwork years after the fact. I guess this is the new fad that everybody wants to play the victim card. If you want change, start with your own culture and fix that first! Cause let me tell you, as a race, you really are a major disappointment in this country. I expected you to rise above all this and become good solid Americans citizens, but no, you come to expect everything to be handed to you. That’s not your fault though, because you let the far left in this country become your enablers. If you take a good look at every blue state, you see the highest homeless rates, the highest crime rates, the highest murder rates, the poorest educational systems, the highest welfare rolls, and the highest poverty rates. You are letting them enslave you and you all need to wake the F up and see who is doing this to you! I am actually on your side. I hate what I see happening all over America. Go on the internet and look up Agenda 21, the Georgia Guidestones. They dont give two shits about your life or my life for that matter. The governments of this world have all signed on to put us all under their control! They want to control all the land, all the food, all the water, all of the economies, and yes, even the population. Their ideal number is a population of 500 million people worldwide. How do you think they are going get there? Starting a WW3 with China. Release pandemics, food shortages and civil unrest! And right now we are experiencing 3 of those things right now and we are stirring the pot on worldwide warfare! How many lives is all this going to cost us? Billions! Funny thing, while writing this post, my browser has shut down on me three times. That has never happened before. I think someone is watching. NSA at it again? I’ll probably have the FBI at my door tomorrow.
Hahahaha what reality do you live in??

giphy.gif

Yeah and the NSA is not listening to phone calls or Walmart isn’t watching what you buy and Google and YouTube don’t catalog your searches.
Any thought that may pop into your head, good or bad, somewhere, someone in the world is doing that shit right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts