Robert Caldwell

Nate Meier wasn't going to walk on. Accept it, if Iowa didn't offer he was going to go full scollie else where

PS Caldwell a JUCO runs a 4.7 reportedly. At 6'3 245 he's probably hit he's ceiling. And he went to what school again?

VS

Nate who's an 18 year old kid that benches 400, Squats 455 and Cleans 320. He's 6'2.5 235 who hasn't hit his ceiling and had offers to UNI & USD. Also runs a 4.57 and ran a couple sub 16s 110 hurdles as a junior. Plus he can't ever claim to being homesick since he's from Iowa

Take off you Caldwell glasses and try to see this talent for what it's worth. Kid is an ATH, can play FB, OLB, MLB, or DE!

i would waited as he looks more like a prferred walk-on,
but if you are content in winning a recruiting battle with UNI vs NC or Nebraska the you have no room to complain about 6-6 seasons or worse

you should submit your resume for the DC position.

Iowa could use the keen insight you obviously have.

and your knowledge is so broad and deep.....

Nate Meier wasn't going to walk on. Accept it, if Iowa didn't offer he was going to go full scollie else where

PS Caldwell a JUCO runs a 4.7 reportedly. At 6'3 245 he's probably hit he's ceiling. And he went to what school again?

VS

Nate who's an 18 year old kid that benches 400, Squats 455 and Cleans 320. He's 6'2.5 235 who hasn't hit his ceiling and had offers to UNI & USD. Also runs a 4.57 and ran a couple sub 16s 110 hurdles as a junior. Plus he can't ever claim to being homesick since he's from Iowa

Take off you Caldwell glasses and try to see this talent for what it's worth. Kid is an ATH, can play FB, OLB, MLB, or DE!

Or DT like a former Hawk named Klug. I'm thinking they are about identical in size coming out of high school.

Or DT like a former Hawk named Klug. I'm thinking they are about identical in size coming out of high school.

That's a good comparison. Both played the same positions in high school and are pretty close in size. Wouldn't mind having another Klug on the team.

That's a good comparison. Both played the same positions in high school and are pretty close in size. Wouldn't mind having another Klug on the team.

agreed - klug is the first guy that comes to mind when reading about this kid.

i'm just hoping that herby doesn't make a phone call into the staff and change their minds on this kid.

VS

Amen to this. Meier's numbers are better and he's an in-state kid who will probably care more about being a Hawk. The coaches will have at least two more years to develop him than the JUCO, and will find the best spot for him among his several options.

Caldwell had his shot, but didn't pull the trigger. He is not a "must have" type of prospect. He got an offer, wanted to think about it, but took too long for what he brings to the table. It is late in the recruiting game for this year. The coaches do not have the time or inclination to screw around at this point in time.

when you have a stroke or know somebody that has had one get back to me, on being a spelling Gestapo Nazi

c9e5f399fe980ce80dc0bd9d8faf1d095c8d5fbf_full.jpg

Latest posts