Rob Howe was right

Maybe the "Lunatic Fringe" was on to something. Naw that was all just crazy talk by a bunch of Ferentz haters.

As a die hard Iowa fan it hurts to say this, but the reality is Iowa is no longer the dominate football program in the state ISU is, that was made clear today. If it were not for ISU's 3 TO's inside the red zone today, the only people left in Kinnick's seats in the 4th quarter would have been wearing cardinal and gold.

The decline of Iowa football continued on 9/8/2012 and it truly is a shame.

Good points. The game was not as close as the score would suggest. And ISU is the better program right now. How long do Sally Mason and Gary Barta tolerate that?

Didn't we all think this team was going to be meh this year anyways? Does iowa have any returning all big ten players from last year? Didn't Iowa lose like 100 running backs that are still supposed to be on the team? Are the hawks implementing a new offense? Wasn't this supposed to be a rebuilding year anyways?.....this sucks but if you didn't see it coming then you weren't looking...This is the worst Hawk team in over a decade...and that may be the best ISU team in a decade...9 to 6........I have faith they will get better and the Hawks will rise again...but this year will have to be a wash...

GD and KOK have something in common. They both run the predictable-easy-to-defend-offense that Kirk wants.

I predict a couple wins this year where our opponent scores on a fake punt/kick and KF screams at the refs: "THAT AIN'T FAIR! WE DON'T DO THAT STUFF SO WHY DO YOU ALLOW OUR RIVALS TO DO IT?!?"

The head coach wants an offense that's easy to defend? Ok... do they put you in charge of things in the "real world"?

There's no way a senior QB throws into the teeth of the D on first down when you're in FG range. Just inexcusable.
This^^

I thought the same thing. I know we want to go for the win but you HAVE to keep in the back of your mind not to do anything stupid because you are a kick away from tying the game! One more game like this and I just want to punt the season and see what Rudock can do!

There's no way a senior QB throws into the teeth of the D on first down when you're in FG range. Just inexcusable.

I'm not even sure WHY we needed to throw on 1st down there. But a 6'3" QB and a 6'7" TE SHOULD be able to execute that play without turning it into a "touch" pass that a 6'3" LB can read and intercept (although the INT was a heck of a play by Jake Knott).

Last edited:
I'm willing to give them some time to work our the kinks with a new offense.

That said, Texas might have used the dink and dunk to much greater success because they had the athletes who could get free in open space. Right now we don't, so I don't see that ever working.

When JVB just checks down and throws to his outlet receiver running a 1 yard gain route with a defender blanketing him, it sort of annoys me a lot.

In JVBs defense, how many drops were there in the 4th quarter alone?! It wasn't his best game, but several catchable passes were flat-out dropped.

Agreed on the offense, long way to go. But was pleased with the young defense today.....they are going to be tough as the dline gets better. But that O is painful to watch.........

This^^

I thought the same thing. I know we want to go for the win but you HAVE to keep in the back of your mind not to do anything stupid because you are a kick away from tying the game! One more game like this and I just want to punt the season and see what Rudock can do!

I think that change would have to be made NOW, before B1G schedule. And frankly, mediocre as JVB has been, a lot of it is on receivers and OL.

I think JVB needs to kick it into gear next week, or we really DO need to start looking a little more "forward".

Latest posts