Rob Howe Having it Out With Perrault...

I hope you don't take offense shane, I just have a tough time with this whole rumor people vs. truth people thing as it pertains to internet message boards and sports talk radio. You are a great poster and I wouldn't want you to think I'm trying to slag you off personally or anything like that.

No way, Cliche...we're cool, just disagreeing on this subject and I don't have a clue why. I don't take disagreements on here personally and I hate it when others do.

No way, Cliche...we're cool, just disagreeing on this subject and I don't have a clue why. I don't take disagreements on here personally and I hate it when others do.

good man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8jvEJngh4M]YouTube - South Park - A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock n Roll[/ame]

You are unbelievable. He said, "I would be shocked if Stanzi didn't know". That is implying that he is saying that Stanzi knew what DJK was doing. He is using it as a statement of fact on the individual, Stanzi in this case, when really he has no damned f'ing clue, much like you or I don't know either.

Yeah not sure that saying " I would be shocked if Stanzi didn't know" is statement of fact that he knew. It's saying MP believes he knew. Way different. I can say I would be shocked that no one outside Iowa gives a crap about this conversation and whether it went over a line, that means it's my opinion, not that i stated irrevocably that its a fact i know to be true. It's all semantics I am just interested to see if anything actually happens to MP.

you're right. lets talk nba this not a story of note.

There are many other angles to the story that Matt could have took then going on some witch hunt by beginning to sling names against the wall waiting for one to stick. There is just no call for it. What Matt was going for was the "cover up" type story. It makes it much more juicy.

In spite of Rob Howe's melt down Ferentz (and Mike Hlas) to a certain degree are confirming the point Perrault was trying to make, from Mike's latest column:

Fair enough, but did some of Iowa’s players know? More to the point, how could at least a few not have known?

“My guess is some did,” said Ferentz. “I don’t know. If that’s the case, it’s unfortunate nobody came forward.”

Hlas column: The Hawkeyes’ sky hasn’t fallen, just a few players | TheGazette

In spite of Rob Howe's melt down Ferentz (and Mike Hlas) to a certain degree are confirming the point Perrault was trying to make, from Mike's latest column:

Fair enough, but did some of Iowa’s players know? More to the point, how could at least a few not have known?

“My guess is some did,†said Ferentz. “I don’t know. If that’s the case, it’s unfortunate nobody came forward.â€

Rob never denied that. What Matt said was that Stanzi himself "had to" know...Rob agreed that there must've been players who knew...they're confirming nothing to what Matt said.

“My guess is some did,†said Ferentz. “I don’t know. If that’s the case, it’s unfortunate nobody came forward.â€

That wasn't the point he was making. What set Howe off was the specific reference to Stanzi. I don't think Rob ever disagreed that some players probably knew; in fact he referenced Kirk's answer to HIS question from the presser.

There is certainly a point to Perrault's side of things. I played the podcast for my wife, and noticed Howe stated outright, that " Stanzi did not know". Does this logic go both ways, or because it is not damaging to the program it is ok to state something as fact that Howe has no way of knowing.

Kudos to Howe. I actually wanted to pick up the phone and call him to congratulate him for callin out the kxno clown. The kxno guy lost his cool. Very unprofessional. Hanging up on How'd and vowing on air to never speak with Howe personally or professionally reminded me of a kid taking his kickball home because he did not get his way. Finnaly someone with some credibility said what so many in the DSM area have felt ever since this new broke-they have been shock jocks and had absolutely no facts to support any of their comments. KXNO lost me as a listener-at least for the 4-6 time slot. I understand talking about the news but don't go creating. I think Perrault (or whatever his name is) created the most unprofessional moment i can recall in local sports talk shows. Still trying to keep mudslinging even when there is nothing else to report. Completely unprofessional.

Some people don't get the difference in using a generality, "some players had to have known" and using a specific like, "Stanzi had to have known". The second one of which is just slinging crap against the wall to see which one sticks.

There is certainly a point to Perrault's side of things. I played the podcast for my wife, and noticed Howe stated outright, that " Stanzi did not know". Does this logic go both ways, or because it is not damaging to the program it is ok to state something as fact that Howe has no way of knowing.

We never got to find out if Rob had information to back his point up or not...but we know Matt had none...

Some people don't get the difference in using a generality, "some players had to have known" and using a specific like, "Stanzi had to have known". The second one of which is just slinging crap against the wall to see which one sticks.

I get the difference, but let's not kid ourselves, the shows on the air, are not journalism driven, their very premise is opinion driven. It is not a "just the facts ma'am" situation.

We never got to find out if Rob had information to back his point up or not...but we know Matt had none...

Well unless he is psychic what information would he have to back that up? All he could do was ask Stanzi. How can you prove someone doesn't know something? It's impossible. And agreed Matt had absolutely no ammunition in saying Stanzi had to know other than , how could you not know because people talk.

Well unless he is psychic what information would he have to back that up? All he could do was ask Stanzi. How can you prove someone doesn't know something? It's impossible. And agreed Matt had absolutely no ammunition in saying Stanzi had to know other than , how could you not know because people talk.

Ok...this is officially getting out hand...are you friends with Matt or what? And if so, why? If Rob asked Rick about the situation, why wouldn't he take him at his word? (This is all speculation since the phones at KXnO apparently hang up on themselves)...

If Rob asked Rick about the situation, why wouldn't he take him at his word?

Based on this quote from Rob, it appears to me he was speculating that Stanzi didn't know, just as Perrault was speculating that Stanzi did know. Here is Rob's quote from today's show:

“I’m gonna go out on a limb here guys and say Ricky Stanzi does not hang out with DJK and nor does he know what goes on his personal lifeâ€￾

Ok...this is officially getting out hand...are you friends with Matt or what? And if so, why? If Rob asked Rick about the situation, why wouldn't he take him at his word? (This is all speculation since the phones at KXnO apparently hang up on themselves)...

No I am not friends, not even a fan. Just trying to look at this without an obvious bias. If Rick was indeed asked, why on God's green earth would would Stanzi , in the middle of investigation and heading to a bowl game, admit to knowledge of illegal drug use on his own team. That is just crazy. I am not saying he knew, but if he did and didnt come forward , or something, then all of this focus is shifted directly to him " Why didn't you advise the coaches" etc etc. The point is no one can say definitively they "know" if Stanzi knew or not, but Stanzi. But between Howe and Perrault, only one of them DID state they knew.

Based on this quote from Rob, it appears to me he was speculating that Stanzi didn't know, just as Perrault was speculating that Stanzi did know. Here is Rob's quote from today's show:

“I’m gonna go out on a limb here guys and say Ricky Stanzi does not hang out with DJK and nor does he know what goes on his personal lifeâ€￾

There is a point on the show where Rob states " Stanzi did not know". I will try to grab the time code later but my wife will kill me if I play it again. lol

Latest posts