RMJ Highlight Tape

cockyhawkfan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huANrCwpBdM]YouTube - Roy Marble Jr. (09-10)-SENIOR HS BbALL-Mix.[/ame]

He's more athletic than I thought he was. Works well in traffic and creates his own shot. I just got pretty excited about this kid. He's got a good looking shot as well.

This kid is a stud...haven't had this 'flash' in a while.
Pure athlete.

I gotta ask. I've never seen free throws in a highlight reel.
Are they the only ones he's made or what? :)

He looks way better than what I expected after seeing ratings on recruiting sites. He has great speed and a great shot. I think he will mold right into Fran's gameplan, he will be good for an up-tempo offense.

This kid is a stud...haven't had this 'flash' in a while.
Pure athlete.

I gotta ask. I've never seen free throws in a highlight reel.
Are they the only ones he's made or what? :)

You apparently never saw Seth Gorneys highlight video... yes he has one!

He' bigger than I thought. Got a little of dad's hang-and-double-clutch-in-the-lane moves, but definitely waaaay more range on the jumper than the ole man! :)
Nice pull-up jumper, and catch and shoot.

Seems a bit reluctant to exert his will in the lane in traffic. A lot of pull ups or floaters. Seems like he should have been able to dunk on guys. But seemed to only dunk off open fast breaks.

Much better bringing the ball up on the break than other people have been saying.

This kid can can play PG for sure! Does a real nice job handling the rock and creating in the lane and dishing to teamates on the break. I see him playing a ton next year at the 1 & 2. I think he will be first one off the bench and a major contributor next year....as long as he gets in the weight room and continues to work on ball handling this offseason. I am a LOT LESS worried about the PG position after seeing this video.

This kid can can play PG for sure! Does a real nice job handling the rock and creating in the lane and dishing to teamates on the break. I see him playing a ton next year at the 1 & 2. I think he will be first one off the bench and a major contributor next year....as long as he gets in the weight room and continues to work on ball handling this offseason. I am a LOT LESS worried about the PG position after seeing this video.

I follow him on Twitter and he frequently talks about hitting the weights and drinking protein shakes, so he is trying to add some muscle mass. Kid seems like a gym rat that is always working to get better. His ceiling is pretty high IMO.

I think he is better than his ratings indicate. Remember he is young for his class. Lot's of upside here!

Agree. This is the first video that I have seen on him and am pretty impressed. He has a really good outside shot and much better than I expected. Glad he is on board and should help us out right away.

I was impressed by his release as well. He got some shots off very quickly and looks like he has a high release point which should translate with his size to being effective in college. Lacks elite explosiveness which is why he hasn't been rated high. However there are plently of guys that if they can make you respect their shot they have just enough quickness to get bye you and score in the lane like he showed in several clips.

Unfortunately for us but good for him he will be needed to play major minutes on the wing and possibly PG. There really isn't a lot of other choices. I hope he is a much bigger upgrade from Bawinkle and can play 20 minutes a game. I think he will be hurt, especially early in his career, by not playing with anyone who can really breakdown a defense. Cully will be better next year at setting people up but still not what most big ten teams have.

I think the reason the free throws is in is because during one free throw he was at the line and only the other team was lined up for the rebound, meaning its the end of the game the team wants the ball in his hands for free throws similar to gatens. just a thought.

Seems a bit reluctant to exert his will in the lane in traffic. A lot of pull ups or floaters. Seems like he should have been able to dunk on guys. But seemed to only dunk off open fast breaks.

Much better bringing the ball up on the break than other people have been saying.

+1. I am a Devyn Marble fan but I had visions of Gatens-like finishes in the big ten where he pulls off the defender instead of finishing strong. He should be able to spell time at pg though and also could be a great defender with his frame

I think people are overstating his athleticism. He looked more smooth to me than explosive. I think his pure explosiveness is average which explains why he utilizes floaters more than attacking the rim. Fortunately, I don't think he needs to be super-explosive to excel.

He has good size and will be shoot over many players. He showed a nice step-back jumper. I liked that he has a mid-range post-game. Those turn-around jumpers around the elbow are impossible to block and that should be a nice weapon for him if he hits it consistently. I would like to see if him keep working on the floater and the footwork associated with it. Its hard to get all the way to rim in the Big 10, if he can develop an accurate floater, at his size it will also be a nice shot.

He has a more developed offensive game than either May or Gatens. Neither have a step-back jumper. Neither have a post-game, nor have either shown any penchant for the floater. Although Gatens does utilize a pull-up jumpshot which is basically the white-boy equivalent to the floater.

Latest posts