Rivalry name

Black Friday HuskEye Corn Belt Carter Lake Mother of All Missouri Valley Bowl of Freaking Devastation trophy

only two options

The Corn Belt (WWF style championship belt)
The Cornucopia (giant bronze trophy shaped like a cornucopia ... the game is on Thanksgiving Friday)

Oh and Husker fan - you use the CWS as proof that Husker fans know how to tailgate??? LAUGHABLE! You prove the point numbskull - you can't even use your home city (Lincoln) OR your home fans (UNL)!
Maybe you should learn a little something about college sports and how they are organized before calling others a numbskull or an idiot. Maybe I am wrong, but there is no rule, NCAA bylaw, or more importantly a CONTRACT that grants the rights of the CWS to the city of Lincoln. The point that you are to ignorant to get is that the majority of the people that live in Omaha are Nebraska football fans, and if you go to the CWS, we like to party.

You count on the city of Omaha filled with Texas, LSU, Cal, etc etc fans in June cheering on baseball games to prove that Husker fans can tailgate in the fall?!? IDIOT!
The city of Omaha has had the only long standing championship game or series in the history of the NCAA, but it has nothing to do with the people who support or actually go to the games, right? Those of us (locals) who went to the games 40 years ago when Rosenblatt was no better than a high school field. Uh huh..

Oh, and wait, how many of those texa$$, LSU, Cal, etc fans owned homes and business where people parked and partied around Rosenblatt for 60 years. Oh yeah......

And to anyone who thinks this is a "manufactured" rivalry...go to Lincoln on Black Friday, then tell me how manufactured the hatred is between these two fanbases.
It absolutely is manufactured. Like some on here have already said:
Iowa>>>>>>>>Iowa St.
Nebraska>>>>>>>>>>Iowa

It's a fan rivalry...not a school or tradition rivalry, it's all on the fans. Iowa fans hate Nebby fans because they are disgusting arrogant POS's,
Wow, pot meet kettle. I would ask you to stay classy, but that would assume that you know what class is.

You have displayed that you don't.

Nebby fans hate Iowa fans because they don't have any nat'l championships and haven't had a string of manufactured sell outs in a row.
Wrong. We honestly didn't even think about Iowa until we joined the Big 10 last year. We won't really think about you until mid-November this year, while you will have it circled on your calendar.

You might be our Iowa St. Or Colorado, if you are really lucky.

When you have two fanbases with this kind of animosity when they don't even play eachother, just imagine how quick its going to get ugly ugly ugly when they start finishing every season playing eachother.
The animosty is almost exclusive to the Black and Gold.

The Scarlet and Cream feels annoyed, for the most part.

Wrong. We honestly didn't even think about Iowa until we joined the Big 10 last year. We won't really think about you until mid-November this year, while you will have it circled on your calendar.

You had better hope the Huskers don't have the amount of indifference that you claim. If you think they are going to come into the B10 and treat Iowa, or Wisky, or PSU like Iowa State, Colorado or Kansas, you are going to be in for a rude awakening. Whether the B10 or B12 is the better conference is up for debate, the parity in the B10 is much better.

(BTW I don't think anyone really thinks like Cosity, not sure who pooped in his Cheerios)

Maybe you should learn a little something about college sports and how they are organized before calling others a numbskull or an idiot. Maybe I am wrong, but there is no rule, NCAA bylaw, or more importantly a CONTRACT that grants the rights of the CWS to the city of Lincoln. The point that you are to ignorant to get is that the majority of the people that live in Omaha are Nebraska football fans, and if you go to the CWS, we like to party.

The city of Omaha has had the only long standing championship game or series in the history of the NCAA, but it has nothing to do with the people who support or actually go to the games, right? Those of us (locals) who went to the games 40 years ago when Rosenblatt was no better than a high school field. Uh huh..

Oh, and wait, how many of those texa$$, LSU, Cal, etc fans owned homes and business where people parked and partied around Rosenblatt for 60 years. Oh yeah......

It absolutely is manufactured. Like some on here have already said:
Iowa>>>>>>>>Iowa St.
Nebraska>>>>>>>>>>Iowa

Wow, pot meet kettle. I would ask you to stay classy, but that would assume that you know what class is.

You have displayed that you don't.

Wow, 74. You do know that Nebby has'nt lost less than 4 in almost 10 years right? I like that you all are big time fans and all but title contenders is rather debatable. Whoops I see in 03 you had 3 losses. Iowa has had 5 seasons since 02 with 3 or less losses. We did that playing the same schedule that you guys get this coming year. So yeah if you want brag or pound your chest, you are going to have to start getting those kind of results with your up coming schedule. Many people have said how Nebby going to the B10 has made the conf stronger, but a case could be made that many schedules got weaker. Instead of that type of schedule being the norm, now it is only that way for a couple of teams.

Wow, 74. You do know that Nebby has'nt lost less than 4 in almost 10 years right? I like that you all are big time fans and all but title contenders is rather debatable. Whoops I see in 03 you had 3 losses. Iowa has had 5 seasons since 02 with 3 or less losses. We did that playing the same schedule that you guys get this coming year. So yeah if you want brag or pound your chest, you are going to have to start getting those kind of results with your up coming schedule. Many people have said how Nebby going to the B10 has made the conf stronger, but a case could be made that many schedules got weaker. Instead of that type of schedule being the norm, now it is only that way for a couple of teams.

I think that we are having some miscommunication here. I was not talking about the results on the field, but rather how the fans view the “rivalry.â€￾ Essentially, I think that many (not all, mind you) Nebraska fans feel the same about the Iowa/Nebraska rivalry the same way that many of you feel about the Iowa/ISU rivalry. I think (and this is just my opinion) that Iowa fans are putting more emphasis on this game then Nebraska fans. I’m certainly not predicting that we will dominate any one team, at this particular point, well except maybe a Minnesota or Indiana.

And to answer another poster who said that Nebraska (I’m assuming he meant the team) had better not be apathetic when playing Iowa, well I agree. I’m assuming that how the fans feel about any particular opponent will not have much to do with how well the teams prepares for and plays against said opponent.

If Iowa fans are more excited about the game then Nebby fans, the only reason is, we have been wanting a non con for along time. I guess now that you all are in the B10, I would like to see us do a non con with OK or do like Penn and get a sec team.

Latest posts