Rising star in Joshua Jackson?

cobri66

Never heard of this kid but apparently he was guarding Lazard a good portion of the time..I follow recruiting but I must've missed this kid

Never heard of this kid but apparently he was guarding Lazard a good portion of the time..I follow recruiting but I must've missed this kid

I only hear about hawks after games and this site, didn't know about him until yesterday but he must have done well.

Listed as WR on Iowa's roster I think...

You're probably looking on Hawkeyesports.com which is the university's official site and probably the worst site to actually find accurate information regarding Iowa's roster. Jackson will still be listed as a WR until sometime in 2016. Parker Hesse has been a DE since spring yet is still listed as LB. Last year Jay Scheel is in the actual team photo wearing his current #3 but was listed the entire year at #86.

Best bet is to go to rivals.com. They usually have an updated depth chart and roster.

Back to on the field, the kid looks like he belongs out there. Good size and looked to be keeping up with ISU's WRs decently.

this is the kid that was a colorado state commit/decommit and iowa had a commit from his brother too - that fell apart, i think, due academic qualification?

or maybe i'm thinking of someone else?

Are you thinking of AJ Jones? Recruiting class on 2013, WR out of Dallas. I think he left sometime spring/summer 2014

Ease up on the "rising star" comments, but he did just fine in his first meaningful snaps. When Iowa went to 6 DB's on 3rd downs in the second half, he and Reece Fleming were the additional 2 DB's. Jackson wasn't out of position and didn't panic when the ball was thrown toward him. He also showed a willingness to tackle as he came up and put a good hit on Richardson on a third-down tackle.

Ease up on the "rising star" comments, but he did just fine in his first meaningful snaps. When Iowa went to 6 DB's on 3rd downs in the second half, he and Reece Fleming were the additional 2 DB's. Jackson wasn't out of position and didn't panic when the ball was thrown toward him. He also showed a willingness to tackle as he came up and put a good hit on Richardson on a third-down tackle.

Jon Miller didn't use term rising star but I think he was impressed with him

He looked like he belonged out there and Saturday will be one of his toughest assignments of the year. Wonder if last week's late performance by Iowa's backup CB's had anything to do with his shot. He made the most of it, regardless.

Who was he playing in place of?

i think he was in there on dime coverage, but not sure. I don't believe he was playing in place of lomax, who is a starter. was flemming on the field at the same time as Jackson? or did iowa play both nickel and dime coverage? flemming being nickel, jackson being dime? not sure - all i do know is that when jackson was in, he was covering their NFL WR....... ;)

Latest posts