RIP Sean Connery

Damn.

Tons of great movies and everyone is going to remember him for the Bond films, but my favorite of all his characters is Indiana Jones’ dad.

Last edited:
One of my fave Sean Connery movies is:

He and Michael Caine are perfect together

Directed by John Huston, a Hollywood Titan who directed The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

1604371801211.png

:cool:

Last edited:
Seeing another legend pass rekindled a discussion I occasionally have with people.

Who is the oldest living celebrity?

It has to be Kirk Douglas, who will turn 104 next month if he makes it. Hell, his son Michael is in his early seventies now.

Bob Barker and Chuck Yeager both have to be near the century mark. I think Dick Van Dyke is 95 or 96. College basketball announcer Bill Raftery has passed 90.

Seeing another legend pass rekindled a discussion I occasionally have with people.

It has to be Kirk Douglas, who will turn 104 next month if he makes it. Hell, his son Michael is in his early seventies now.

Bob Barker and Chuck Yeager both have to be near the century mark. I think Dick Van Dyke is 95 or 96. College basketball announcer Bill Raftery has passed 90.

Spartacus made it to 103

1604544424699.png

:cool:

Don't forget Bob ...

tmp_XCOq6v_5a2212e506b6009e_giphy.gif

Yeager is 97. Imagine the fumes and radiation and stuff he has been subjected to. Insane that he's still going.

I went to a speech Charlie Duke gave last summer and he's in his mid 80's. There's something in the wiring of dudes like them that keeps them around much longer than the typical person.

I think Jimmy Carter just turned 96.

BTW I fibbed on Raftery as well. He is only 76. This guy was coaching at Seton Hall in the early seventies, and James Madison before that. He, Bobby Knight and Digger Phelps were all head coaches at major universities at or before their 30th birthdays.