Rick Stanzi - “Just Try And Ruin My Day.â€￾

PJHawk

Great story by Marc Morehouse:

The tall figure is Iowa quarterback Ricky Stanzi jogging off the field after the Hawkeyes’ 37-6 victory over Michigan State. The shorter, blonder blur is Sandy Harter. She smartly positioned herself just before the tunnel entrance in all the big craziness of a Kinnick field rush. She had one thought, “Get Stanzi a bracelet.”

Mission accomplished. Stanzi had the wristband on among his many on Tuesday. Except, Stanzi had no idea what the bracelet was about. “She started yelling and said, ‘Can you wear this for my kid,’ ” Stanzi said. “I said, Yeah, sure.” The band says, “Just Try And Ruin My Day.”

“I don’t know what it means or who it’s for, but it’s on my wrist,” Stanzi said. “I told her I’d wear it, so I’d feel bad if I didn’t have it on.”

“Just Try And Ruin My Day” is very real. Here’s the website. Sandy is the mother-in-law of Brian Pritchard.

‘Just Try And Ruin My Day’ | TheGazette

does anyone think that ricky's wristbands are affecting his wrist snap and ball rotation, causing his deep ball to hang?

We all feel warm and fuzzy right now, but what happens the next time the nation's number 2 rated passer doesn't compete 80% of his passes or fails to convert a third down pass or misses a receiver 50 yards downfield?

Well he rarely did that last year and I still love him. He'll always be Slingin' Dick to me

We all feel warm and fuzzy right now, but what happens the next time the nation's number 2 rated passer doesn't compete 80% of his passes or fails to convert a third down pass or misses a receiver 50 yards downfield?

god i love ricky stanzi. i will be very sad when he plays his last game as a hawkeye. hopefully he's drafted by the colts

god i love ricky stanzi. i will be very sad when he plays his last game as a hawkeye. hopefully he's drafted by the colts

I wouldn't wish that on someone I like. Either sit behind Peyton or have to live up to his legacy as his replacement? No thanks.

Anyway I keep telling you all it will be the Chiefs. BTW I am not a Chiefs fan.

First off, Rick Stanzi is a stud. I wish the family involved nothing but the best and the individual a speedy recovery.

With that said, I think it is wierd. Doesn't Stanzi wear those bracelets for kids in the childrens hospital?

Dude, don't EVEN question this. That is just beyond reason. I mean everyone here knows I am as likely as anyone to take an unpopular critical position. But when a parent asks you to do something for their sick child you don't go, "Um, IDK, how old is he?"

hopefully the parents respect Ricky's time commitment to football. it is very easy to say "yes" a few times and suddenly there is a deluge of requests from all sorts of people.

Latest posts