Rhodes "Pout and be a jerk" when Iowa wins

Iowa fans always fight back in the past tense. I think there is no arguing the guy with more upside in the future is Rhoads and its not even close.

Really? So a head coach whose career high in wins is 7 and brings in bad recruiting classes has a higher ceiling than a guy who has been to two BCS bowls, one just three years ago, puts at least 5 players in the NFL every year, and over the past several seasons has actually UPGRADED the recruiting classes?

I want some of what you're drinking.

I think Rhodes sounds like a hillbilly hick every time I hear him talk. That said, this might be the first time in a very long time ISU may very well deserve to be the favorite going into the game.

However, I hope Iowa plays like they usually do at Kinnick and takes it to the clowns.

Jealous that a program that you refuse to accept as worthy of even existing has improved and has received a hell of a lot more positive national publicity over the past 3 years than your's has.

Its not the ISU has a better program, but you guys can't accept ISU's improvement which has coincided with what looks like a decline in your program. So you resort to making really stupid/tasteless jokes about ISU's coach to make yourself feel better. What other explanation is there?

Yes I wish Iowa would get all that pub for going 7-6, 5-7 and 6-7. Instead of going 11-2, 8-5 and 7-6 with 2 bowl wins in those 3 years including an Orange Bowl win.

I don't hate him, crychump. I think he's an embarrassment to his profession, in the same bush-league mold of tim brewster and ron zook.Rhoads clearly wants you sucker clown fans to think he's "fiery" like Bo Pelini, but in fact he's just an out of control dooshbag. Sound & fury, signifying nothing.Don't confuse mockery with hate, lil sis.
Embarrassment? How do you figure?....Moreover, how do you classify him, with Tim Brewster or Ron Zook?Where I fail to see your logic on that front:A.)Ron Zook is probably one of the best recruiters of the past 10 years....B.) Tim Brewster is one of the worst coaches in the Big 10 in the past 10 years...You also might want to work on your spelling, because it makes you appear as a degenerate imbecile....

How long have you been here? If you've just came here take a minute to know who Scorp is, he spells like that to get around the filter. If you've been here longer than today, I'm sorry you're an idiot. (on the app I can't see your post count) Now back to the ******* match.

Jealous that a program that you refuse to accept as worthy of even existing has improved and has received a hell of a lot more positive national publicity over the past 3 years than your's has.

Its not the ISU has a better program, but you guys can't accept ISU's improvement which has coincided with what looks like a decline in your program. So you resort to making really stupid/tasteless jokes about ISU's coach to make yourself feel better. What other explanation is there?

What?

1. "you refuse to accept as worthy of even existing"

I don't know what that means. If it makes you feel better, ISU deserves to exist, whatever that means.

2. "but you guys can't accept ISU's improvement which has coincided with what looks like a decline in your program."

Iowa State was 6-7 last year, 5-7 the year before, 7-6 the previous year and 2-10 the year before. ISU hasn't improved, the fans have simply gotten more delusional. ISU scored one big upset of a good team, they also beat some good programs in markedly down years. ISU fans try to make a big deal out of beating a bad Texas team.

3. "So you resort to making really stupid/tasteless jokes about ISU's coach to make yourself feel better."

I feel fine. I'm lucky enough to be a fan of a strong program that isn't reduced to pretending a week one win against a mid-major means something. Iowa is never going to have the talent to be great every year, but Iowa is a strong program that will be able to put together a great season every 4-5 years. ISU has never had this luxury, nor will they ever. This season and this week changes none of that.

Iowa's program is going through a down cycle, simply not enough talent or speed. But the light is on the horizon, they have put together a few good classes in a row with good talent in the trenches, Iowa will touch the top ten at least once in the next four years- ISU and their "rising" program will not.

Wow, I have read some pretty stupid things on this board, but I seriously think this takes 1st prize and nonetheless it is from an ISU fan.

I ask you to cite national published stories over the past 3 years that have all this positive publicity. Let me remind you that the campus newspaper does not count.

The sad thing about your last paragraph is that in most years, not when Seneca Wallace was QB, ISU's best seasons have been average Iowa seasons.

ISU's coach reminds me of John L. Smith and I thought he was a terrible coach at MSU...he said some stupid things and was demonstrative on the sideline and a terrible game manager. He got his guys hyped to play, got a few upsets, but was routinely outcoached...sound familiar?

The funny thing here is I am a very unbiased fan as I root for neither team, but given a choice I would rather see Iowa win the game because the ISU fanbase is beyond insane for 12 months because they actually won. What was that DT Ron Gaeter, I think, remember what he told Jim Walden after Iowa beat them his senior year? That is kind of how I feel...ISU in the past got up for two games Iowa and Nebraska...now they only have one game to get up for.

Why do ISU fans care if rival fans like their coach? There are cyclones that think KF is running a rogue program, and as an Iowa fan I say who cares?

Personally I liked McCarney, and Rhoads, and hated the Chizzzzzz.

Iowa fans always fight back in the past tense. I think there is no arguing the guy with more upside in the future is Rhoads and its not even close.
If he does, guarantee you it won't come in l'Ames.....the clowns will never be better than a 60-70 ranked program.

I don't have a problem with what he said. He is honest. His kids love playing for him. This is a big game. When you lose, it hurts. Frankly, he is a very good coach.

Iowa State is in capable hands. Iowa is as well. It is going to be a great game.

I'm not a clone fan. I attended U of I for eight years and I went straight through without a wasted credit. I do like Paul Rhodes though and I think he beats us on Saturday. I don't want the Hawks to lose but I also don't think they deserve to win. We need a shake up, we 've had it in fact. Still no change. In Chicago I saw the same old slow, plodding unathletic team from the last two years. Let's hope it doesn't take a new head coach and 3-4 down years to turn this around but we are in a rut, make no mistake. ISU is on their way out of one. Sorry, I think that's the truth.

Well, I respect your opinion. And you may be right. But these two teams have not stepped on the field yet. In fact, they may have had a monday practice or perhaps their first real practice on a typical game week is Tuesday. My point is, it's quite possible that neither team has even had a game week practice for this upcoming Saturday.

So to say that 'they don't deserve to win' seems odd. How do they not deserve it? I just read your paragraph and found that part strange.

What I find most annoying...

How ISU fans think that the viral youtube video of Rhoads getting emotional with his team in celebration of the @Nebraska win

=

Years of nationwide positive press for the program. No it doesn't. It makes for an overplayed piece of ESPN college football intro clips. And it annoys most people... get this crying man off my screen.

Yes ISU is making progress and maybe most Iowa fans dismiss that. But I admit it and respect it. But enough with the Rhoads worship. He is the epitome of an "awe shucks" kind of guy and for that reason, he fits ISU perfectly. The ISU fanbase eats it up. He seems like a genuinely good guy, and he takes the whole "I'm a coach that shows emotion!" thing too far.

Latest posts