Rhodes acting like ISU had won the national championship.

Ferentz cries with alarming frequency. What's up with that?

Separated at birth, perhaps?

Kirk+Ferentz+Big+Ten+pressconf.jpg
s-john-boehner-crying-large.jpg

And small and petty and sore losers. We lost. Wah! No time to wrap it up in a little ball and let it fester..Move on..Another game this week.

No kidding. Iowa has 10 games left for christ sakes and people are acting like the world ended because Iowa lost to the Cyclones in 3 ot's.

Paul Rhoads is an excellent coach. They had a good plan for Iowa and it worked. It won't be the last time he defeats Iowa. This is a true rivalry, as much as I hate to admit it. Iowa State is good and getting better. Don't forget the win against Texas last year and the incredible game against Nebraska. They are a tough out now.

We need to move on. We have a huge game Saturday against a good Pitt team. It is a huge home game. Win it and much of the sting of the ISU loss goes away. Lose it and you have a disturbing trend.

Let's focus on Pitt. We need this one badly and we need to play better on both sides of the ball. I believe we will!!!

Agreed. He certainly shows his passion.

This game reminded me of their Nebraska game last year, only with a different outcome. Remember, they took that one down to the wire in OT only to loose by a point on a two point conversion attempt - and Nebraska was ranked #7 at the time.

I think the Nebraska game was his "big" game up until this year. Now that Nebraska is off the table for the Clones, Rhodes is putting his "big game" effort into the Iowa game. We can expect this series to be competitive going forward.

Rhodes may go down in history as the Cylones' Hayden Frey when his tenure is up. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out in the future. It's unfortunate that this is happening at time when the future of the Big 12 is in question.

Some of you Hawk fans just crack me up.

One on hand you complain and complain about how Ferentz is so reserved and calculated and most importantly how conservative he is. He never takes risks. Some of you fans even blamed the loss his lack of risk taking.

Yet in the next breath, you same fans are the ones saying Rhoads' level of excitement and passion is embarrassing and cheesy.....it comes with his bold personality on and off the field.

One on hand you complain and complain about how Ferentz is so reserved and calculated and most importantly how conservative he is. He never takes risks. Some of you fans even blamed the loss his lack of risk taking.

Yet in the next breath, you same fans are the ones saying Rhoads' level of excitement and passion is embarrassing and cheesy.....it comes with his bold personality on and off the field.

Did you read the thread or just read the OP and then respond?

Why do you guys think that any time an upset happens, the coach just circled that game? It's a poor excuse and makes you look like whiners. NW beats you because of how their system matches up against yours. Norm Parker is willing to give 5 yards at a time, but so few players in college football can exploit this. NW always seems to have them. This is why ISU beat Iowa this year. Steele Jantz could exploit this where Austen Arnaud could not.

In the past, ISU generally beats Iowa in years that neither team is a world beater, with 2002 being the massive exception. Even in '07, ISU beat a few Big 12 teams and took a BCS bound OU down to the wire in Ames. With the exception of 2002, ISU doesn't fall flat on their face after beating Iowa, they just play tougher competition.

I said that Rhoads was tacky and embarrassing but didn't say that Ferentz is too reserved and conservative. Not many posters have said what you're claiming. Feel free to show some examples of those offenses.

I said that Rhoads was tacky and embarrassing but didn't say that Ferentz is too reserved and conservative. Not many posters have said what you're claiming. Feel free to show some examples of those offenses.

And you clearly meant this as a compliment. What's tackier than men in cut off black turtlenecks whipping women in Jordache jeans while wearing flower pots on their heads. I love it too.

I'm guessing the OP wasn't at the game. It was a great environment and the fact that we won in 3 OT's, with so many big 3rd and 4th down plays makes the win huge, no matter who we were playing.

Than the sideline reporter asks about the death of his mom

Than he runs of the field and sees his dad and hugs him

Than he hugs his wife

Than the whole fan base is cheering for him and the big screen is on him and he went with it and pumped up the crowd. It was great and every Hawk fan around me even said how cool it was.

But since he is Rhoads and not Ferentz he is a "fool." Different ways to skin a cat and both are great coaches

Then. Then he did all that stuff. Then.

IMO they gave us their best effort and came away with a win that they deserved. They won a clean hard fought game and we lost, let's just accept it and quit looking for reasons to complain about things, simply because we're still bitter (rightfully so) because we lost.

Knowing Paul Rhodes to this point, did we really think he would gingerly walk over to Kirk, shake his hand and walk off the field. I don't think so. It was a big win for a program picked to win 2 games this year. He was at home, let him enjoy it. Too much sour grapes coming from us Hawk fans.

Tough loss yes. But what's more disturbing is coach Rhodes' inability to properly fix his snaggle tooth. Dude looks like a jack-o-lantern when he opens his pie hole.

I pray to the football Gods this win gets him a proper raise and he spends the extra scratch on some dental work.

Tough loss yes. But what's more disturbing is coach Rhodes' inability to properly fix his snaggle tooth. Dude looks like a jack-o-lantern when he opens his pie hole.

I pray to the football Gods this win gets him a proper raise and he spends the extra scratch on some dental work.
Pics or it didn't happen.

I also noticed he has some funky teeth, but far be it from me to judge somebody on their appearance.

Latest posts