RG3 runs 4.38

Light years ahead of Vick right now? Wrong.

Passing in the NFL is a completely different thing than what Griffin did in college.

Throwing an accurate long ball is allot easier than making the types of throws it takes to make an NFL offense work.

He might not be light years ahead of Vick, but there is no question that his passing skills out of college are better than Vick's were. I think when you set aside the hyperbole that's the point he is trying to make.

calling rg3 - vick 2.0 is an acknowledgement that he is better and an improvement. 3 things where he is an improvement and everything else i deem pretty much equal. 1) intelligence, 2) accuracy, 3) avoids hits.

the spread-pro style debate isnt overhyped because the pros still think it matters. btw some people need to understand spread and shotgun are not one and the same. spread has to do more with personnel and run plays and pass reads than shotgun. yes spreads are run 90% out of shotgun (probably more), but shotgun in a prostyle offense is different. the shotgun luck ran was very different than rg3 in reads and personnel, etc. cam newton was able to make the switch because he had great footwork. tebow and gabbert had terrible footwork and have struggled. most spread qbs cant figure it out but the spread is easier to teach so colleges use it more because they dont have the time as they are policed on practice time and everything else.

i think rg3 will be a good qb. but i think he will need time to learn like gabbert should have had. his feet are sloppy because of the spread. it isnt about his speed i can find a lot of spread qbs that didnt work out. try every qb under mike leach, or the hawaii qbs, rich rod has a great lineage of pro qbs (wait no he doesnt). gabbert, tebow, vince young has struggled. the list of guys who couldnt adapt is 100x longer than the ones that could because there are more spreads in college now. vick i would say is a disappointment because he plays 3/4 of the season at best. rg3 and cam could be the only guys to break the mold but that is only 2. and those are once in a lifetime type athletes, they arent a new breed of qb they are a break from the convential that doesnt happen much (think steve young - that breaks the color mold that people were saying).

He might not be light years ahead of Vick, but there is no question that his passing skills out of college are better than Vick's were. I think when you set aside the hyperbole that's the point he is trying to make.

Agreed, and I assumed that may be what he had meant but it wasn't clear.

Vick has actually turned into a pretty decent passer even by NFL standards.

calling rg3 - vick 2.0 is an acknowledgement that he is better and an improvement. 3 things where he is an improvement and everything else i deem pretty much equal. 1) intelligence, 2) accuracy, 3) avoids hits.

the spread-pro style debate isnt overhyped because the pros still think it matters. btw some people need to understand spread and shotgun are not one and the same. spread has to do more with personnel and run plays and pass reads than shotgun. yes spreads are run 90% out of shotgun (probably more), but shotgun in a prostyle offense is different. the shotgun luck ran was very different than rg3 in reads and personnel, etc. cam newton was able to make the switch because he had great footwork. tebow and gabbert had terrible footwork and have struggled. most spread qbs cant figure it out but the spread is easier to teach so colleges use it more because they dont have the time as they are policed on practice time and everything else.

i think rg3 will be a good qb. but i think he will need time to learn like gabbert should have had. his feet are sloppy because of the spread. it isnt about his speed i can find a lot of spread qbs that didnt work out. try every qb under mike leach, or the hawaii qbs, rich rod has a great lineage of pro qbs (wait no he doesnt). gabbert, tebow, vince young has struggled. the list of guys who couldnt adapt is 100x longer than the ones that could because there are more spreads in college now. vick i would say is a disappointment because he plays 3/4 of the season at best. rg3 and cam could be the only guys to break the mold but that is only 2. and those are once in a lifetime type athletes, they arent a new breed of qb they are a break from the convential that doesnt happen much (think steve young - that breaks the color mold that people were saying).

That sums it up pretty well.

College spreads are nothing like what Greenbay and New Orleands run.

Its like comparing a calculator to a Ipad.

Latest posts