RG3 runs 4.38

FYI- not that I wouldn't take Luck over RGIII but BOTH were offered scholarships by Stanford. Both are very smart.

cam newton is much bigger than rg3. and how many postseason wins did that spread attack earn him.

the shotgun done in pro style offenses is different than the spread. players that come from the spread usually have bad footwork inside the pocket. and rg3 has sloppy feet. yes he is fast but luck has good foot mechanics.

FYI- not that I wouldn't take Luck over RGIII but BOTH were offered scholarships by Stanford. Both are very smart.

This. Griffin is very smart, too. It comes off in every interview he gives. He graduated in 3 years, and he's looking to go to law school.

If you're Rams, do you trade Bradford for draft picks and then take Griffin at No. 2, or stay with Bradford and get draft picks for the No. 2 spot.

I'd be tempted to trade Bradford, and take Griffin.

I meant "football educated". As in went to Stanford... as in Pro style... as in Jim Harbaugh... as in way better educated than RG3. Way better.

If you're Rams, do you trade Bradford for draft picks and then take Griffin at No. 2, or stay with Bradford and get draft picks for the No. 2 spot.

I'd be tempted to trade Bradford, and take Griffin.
No i hope we stick with Bradford and get some protection for him. Because he has proven he can win already with his rookie season. But what you do is trade the #2 to the highest bidder for the most picks you can get to build around Bradford. And tbh i dont know how much value you could really get trading Bradford right now.

I meant "football educated". As in went to Stanford... as in Pro style... as in Jim Harbaugh... as in way better educated than RG3. Way better.

None of that even matters, though. Griffin is very smart with the ball in his hands, and if you watch him play, it shows. The "pro-style" argument doesn't hold much weight either. A lot of NFL teams are using more spread out formations and packages. Griffin will be just fine in the NFL.

No dude, you were speaking in code and Duffman translated for those who did not quite understand.

Thanks i know i meant this helps the trade value of the #2 pick go way up i assumed anyone who has followed the draft would already no this.

And I assumed anyone who meant that, would say that...and also not say "no" when they meant "know" while trying to be condescending about it...but who am I to know...

Would hate to be the Colts right now. My head says RGIII is the best QB, but everyone is going to rip you a new one if you pass on Luck. RGIII is crazy accurate too. Especially with the deep ball.

Would hate to be the Colts right now. My head says RGIII is the best QB, but everyone is going to rip you a new one if you pass on Luck. RGIII is crazy accurate too. Especially with the deep ball.
I don't think they could go wrong either way but espn tells them they have to take luck so they will take luck.

I take Luck everyday and twice on sunday...he played in a pro offense...no question about the spread system etc.

This Spread-Pro Style thing is overhyped. Cam Newton was as successful as he was because the Panthers adapted to his unique set of skills and ran a much more Spread-like offense. Given that both Newton and Griffin III are viewed as good passers who are able to run, they will most likely be treated the same, so you'll most likely see Griffin III in an offense much different than a traditional "Pro Style" offense. My point being; his lack of under-center snaps will be somewhat negated by the offense he will run.

Also, the only thing that makes him "Vick 2.0" is the fact that he is black and fast...other than that Griffin is lightyears ahead of Vick as a passer and much, much smarter and more mature.

Light years ahead of Vick right now? Wrong.

Passing in the NFL is a completely different thing than what Griffin did in college.

Throwing an accurate long ball is allot easier than making the types of throws it takes to make an NFL offense work.

RG3 is a really smart guy - 3.7 undergrad GPA with a political science degree, he's about to finish his masters degree, and he has another year if eligibility left. Very impressive. The guy is probably going to be the president some day.

Luck ran a pro style system and supposedly called more plays than any other QB in the country. This counts for something.

Latest posts