Rewatched the 2K games

If Iowa was 2-2 and I was one here telling people to relax and that there was still plenty of season left, you’d still be calling me names I guess, so I that makes me the Dbag. Haha. Ok. Got it. There’s no way based on your summer of posting you thought Iowa would be anything other than 2-2 at this point. You’re wrong a lot, it’s fun to tell you when you are cause that’s what you guys do to me. Is turn about fair play or do I always have to be the one who’s wrong?
I’m wrong a lot about things you say I said but I never actually said.

I’ve had many civil discussions with you and come to your defense on several occasions. I feel I’ve always treated you with respect in the past. There is no reason I’m going to continue to treat you with respect when you keep making things up about me. Maybe there is a reason people call you names and you always feel like you are getting picked on.

I’ve had many civil discussions with you and come to your defense on several occasions. I feel I’ve always treated you with respect in the past. There is no reason I’m going to continue to treat you with respect when you keep making things up about me. Maybe there is a reason people call you names and you always feel like you are getting picked on.
I’m not getting picked on, what are you talking about? When have I said that? Now your making shit up, see how easy that is?

This is a civil conversation right here, not sure why you would think it’s anything but? Did I call you a name or something? I don’t get why I’m losing your respect? I made up your pessimism about Iowa basketball all off season? I don’t think that’s true, but ok. You’re great at admitting you’re wrong obviously

If Iowa was 2-2 and I was on here telling people to relax and that there was still plenty of season left, you’d still be calling me names I guess. You’re wrong a lot, it’s fun to tell you when you are cause that’s what you guys do to me.
I’m not getting picked on, what are you talking about? When have I said that? Now your making shit up, see how easy that is?
You complain all the time around here about getting picked on. It’s what you do.

Well said. It was awesome to win both of those games with relative ease down the stretch, and Iowa deserves a lot of credit for that, no question.

I have to imagine at some points this year we will find ourselves behind in the 2H or in a tight game. In years past Fran’s teams haven’t been great in those situations so it will be interesting to see how this team can handle them. They have certainly shown the ability to knock down free throws which is a great place to start.

Frans close game record is way worse than it should be (it would probably still be bad tho) due to unclutch free throw shooting.

I'm hoping we have our hot shooting nights on the games we need them and off shooting nights on the games we can get away with them. Unlike the football team who used up every big play for the year in a 63-0 blowout.

This is a civil conversation right here, not sure why you would think it’s anything but? Did I call you a name or something? I don’t get why I’m losing your respect? I made up your pessimism about Iowa basketball all off season? I don’t think that’s true, but ok. You’re great at admitting your wrong obviously
No I stopped treating you in a civil nature and will not going forward until you apologize for making things up because twice in the last two weeks you have blatantly lied about things I said. I let the first one go because you apologized and said you were hammered, but as they say fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

You complain all the time around here about getting picked on. It’s what you do.

Never done it. Not once. I complain that guys can’t argue without calling me names cause it’s weak. I’ve never once felt picked on. You guys are all nerds

Never done it. Not once. I complain that guys can’t argue without calling me names cause it’s weak. I’ve never once felt picked on. You guys are all nerds
Well played. Complain about name calling and then end your post with name calling.

Reminds me of a quote from the hangover “You are literally too stupid to insult”

I can't help but laugh at people that re-watch the games and then come here to give us their analysis like it makes their opinions better.

Go volunteer as a youth coach or something. :)

I'm not sure I get this comment. Most people watch the ball the first time they see a game...it's natural to follow the ball. You miss alot of the work being done to get to the offensive or defensive glass. It's also hard to watch the off ball defense.

I'll rewatch football alot more than basketball games. I love watching the offensive and defensive line play the second time around as i know where the ball is going. You pick up changes in blocking assignments as the game goes on.

I've kind of always thought a more educated opinion is a better one...but you may be onto something. I just don't know what it is.

JBo is a 90% guy. Cmac has certainly shown he can knock them down. Moss is rarely going to be in at the end of close games due to his ball handling issues.
Yeah I think Mosses decision making with the ball as far as when to drive into traffic and not pass can be an issue. He can force things sometimes and turn it over. But I'd be fine with having him out there to hit free throws as opposed to Baer....

Positives I see:
  • A lot of defensive hustle
  • Clogging the lane on more dribble drives
  • Better interior feeds to our 4s and 5s
  • CMac has demonstrated that he can play quality minutes against quality opponents
Negatives
  • Sloppy offense - too many turnovers
  • Still too many open 3s on the baseline because of late arriving cover (fortunately most were missed)
  • Too many open baseline drives

I’m also not tearing you the shreds, I’m commenting on your post. Like you said this is a message board and that’s we do, we talk about Iowa hoops. So far you were way wrong on things, we’re both enjoying that fact. Even though you were wrong I don’t think you’re a douchbag. You’re pretty cool, not very right about Iowa basketball, but pretty cool. Go Hawks
Iowa has played 4 games out of a likely 30+ game season, that’s less than 15%. I may be wrong and certainly hope I am but it’s a long season. You overplayed your hand way too early on this one and on top of it were making up things that I never said which is super lame.

It may not end up happening but it won't be because of math. Moss, JBo and CM are perfectly capable of hitting their free throws. They've shown that. CM has the smallest sample size but even 85% would be pretty darn good. I just think their even better than that. We'll see
Steph Curry is a 90% career FT shooter. 80% in college is outstanding. 3 players shooting 88% would be, well, a story, a good story :)

I'm not sure I get this comment. Most people watch the ball the first time they see a game...it's natural to follow the ball. You miss alot of the work being done to get to the offensive or defensive glass. It's also hard to watch the off ball defense.

I'll rewatch football alot more than basketball games. I love watching the offensive and defensive line play the second time around as i know where the ball is going. You pick up changes in blocking assignments as the game goes on.

I've kind of always thought a more educated opinion is a better one...but you may be onto something. I just don't know what it is.

Nah, I was just being a d*ck.

I don't know if I could glean a better opinion if I re-watched a game as I've never tried.

No I stopped treating you in a civil nature and will not going forward until you apologize for making things up because twice in the last two weeks you have blatantly lied about things I said. I let the first one go because you apologized and said you were hammered, but as they say fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I'm sorry... see how easy that is? I don't think there's any kind of malice involved in my typing to you. I hope you don't feel that because it's not my intentions. I am busting your balls a little. I think you're taking it that way because you've been so blatantly wrong about the team this off season. That's ok, it's normal to feel that kind of sting. I felt that way last year when I was so wrong about the team. I apologize and I mean it. I assumed off of what you told us this year, you expected Iowa not to fair well this weekend. I guess I am wrong in that assumption.

Well played. Complain about name calling and then end your post with name calling.

Reminds me of a quote from the hangover “You are literally too stupid to insult”

yeah, you have trouble reading sarcasm and knowing when people are joking around. I still don't think you're a Dbag and you're a cool guy. Just not very right about Iowa basketball

I'm sorry... see how easy that is? I don't think there's any kind of malice involved in my typing to you. I hope you don't feel that because it's not my intentions. I am busting your balls a little. I think you're taking it that way because you've been so blatantly wrong about the team this off season. That's ok, it's normal to feel that kind of sting. I felt that way last year when I was so wrong about the team. I apologize and I mean it. I assumed off of what you told us this year, you expected Iowa not to fair well this weekend. I guess I am wrong in that assumption.
I accept your apology.

I value my word. In the future if you plan to speak on my behalf please make sure you know exactly what I said.

I knew nothing about UConn until Friday morning. I bet against the Hawks both days to hedge my happiness and I went to bed very happy both nights.

I accept your apology.

I value my word. In the future if you plan to speak on my behalf please make sure you know exactly what I said.

I knew nothing about UConn until Friday morning. I bet against the Hawks both days to hedge my happiness and I went to bed very happy both nights.

It's clear you value your word a lot. I mispoke about the D1 thing on Connor, I meant B1G caliber. You said it a lot, you thought he belonged at midmajor. I think if you were being honest with yourself, you're takes on the team prior to this week, you thought they would struggle in the 2K. That's ok, that was the sentiment by many. I did not mean to misrepresent you. If I wanted to track down every take you had this summer on those guys, I could. THAT would be a dbag thing to do. We're both happy Iowa is winning and really I am just busting your balls.

Just not very right about Iowa basketball
Okay I’m ready to end this spat but would like to give an update on where I’m at on my predictions. You hedge on all your predictions which is the “safe” thing I do.

-I said Iowa could make the dance but I wasn’t willing to say they would make it.

Status: Looking like Iowa could be a tourney team but a long season. If Iowa makes the dance I will be wrong.

-I said Connor was a mid major player.

Status: looking very wrong at this point, but again the season is young as is Connor’s career. Jeremy Lin looked like an all star for a month stretch once.

-I said Garza was closer to his basketball ceiling than Nunge.

Status: Garza looked awesome. Looks to have improved his footspeed and continued his hot shooting from the end of last year. This is going to be a tough one to determine with Nunge not playing so it will be years until we can say. I never said Garza wasn’t a good player, quite the contrary, but it will be interesting to see how he stacks up in the conference.

-I said Fran needed to cut Pemsl or Kriener or both out of the rotation.

Status: By virtue of an injury that happened and Iowa played really good ball the last few games. Still a long way to go in order to determine if that is correct.

-I said Iowa would be the best three point shooting team in the Fran era this year

Status: To be determined. It flashed in the 1H against Oregon with several guys knocking them down. Didn’t need threes against UConn when we could abuse them inside. Again a theme here is that it is still super early!

As I’m sure you will help me with, we can continue to follow going forward. Hopefully when the time is right you can serve me my pile of crow on some of these.