Revisiting the Time-out Fiasco From Last Year.

MelroseHawkins

They were talking about this on a sports talk radio show yesterday afternoon and were interviewing a media member from Minnesota. He was asked if PJ Fleck had Minny ahead of Iowa late in the game if he thought PJ would return the favor and call any timeouts remaining. The media member answered that he thought PJ would have him in him to do that.

Anyway, I don't really care about that and if he would do that as it seems to be neat rivalry banter going back and forth. But, I can't for the life of me remember what PJ or Minny did to get under Kirk's skin that game. Can somebody remind me? Thanks.

They were getting shut out late in the game and Fleck used his timeouts to try to score. They eventually did score at TD so the shutout was denied. It looked desperate on Fleck's part because they were down 35-0 late in the game and weren't going to win the game. I guess since Fleck used his timeouts, KF did the same to get back.

Far be it from me to defend the boat rowing head vermin, but what he did was justifiable. The game was a bust, but a lot of coaches would want their team to put a score on the board there to try to salvage an otherwise shitty day. I would not have done it, but I get why he did. KF's use of the three TOs was just a petty response. There was no football reason to do it.

If he truly believed that Fleck was being bush league say something when you shake his hand. As is, when you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty. KF should be above that.

And, if you don't think Fleck is bringing this issue up this week, you are nutz.

Far be it from me to defend the boat rowing head vermin, but what he did was justifiable. The game was a bust, but a lot of coaches would want their team to put a score on the board there to try to salvage an otherwise shitty day. I would not have done it, but I get why he did. KF's use of the three TOs was just a petty response. There was no football reason to do it.

If he truly believed that Fleck was being bush league say something when you shake his hand. As is, when you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty. KF should be above that.

And, if you don't think Fleck is bringing this issue up this week, you are nutz.

Yea, it's tough to just accept a shutout. When a team doesn't score, that is so deflating to a team. I can understand as well. You're kind of looking ahead and trying to keep your team.

Yeah run a couple of extra plays and get a player hurt on a totally absolutely fucking inconsequential play. Fleck was an idiot to do that. I can maybe see a first year coach trying to turn a program around and send a message do it but just the year before they won 11 games iirc.

I remember hearing a retired nfl player maybe 10-20 years ago talking about blowout games and how the players in the piles at the end of plays would say to each other and the opponents something like "ok this game is over so nobody get hurt and let's get outta here".

They were talking about this on a sports talk radio show yesterday afternoon and were interviewing a media member from Minnesota. He was asked if PJ Fleck had Minny ahead of Iowa late in the game if he thought PJ would return the favor and call any timeouts remaining. The media member answered that he thought PJ would have him in him to do that.

Anyway, I don't really care about that and if he would do that as it seems to be neat rivalry banter going back and forth. But, I can't for the life of me remember what PJ or Minny did to get under Kirk's skin that game. Can somebody remind me? Thanks.

I take the other way of looking at it. Really pretty bullshit for fleck to call a timeout down 35-0 with somewhere under a minute to play. You can read more of my reasoning in my other reply just before this post. Basically dont get guys hurt. I cant remember if Kirk or Parker put the starting defenders in or not.

Either way, in the backups are in the TD your score is very hollow.

And I wouldnt call it a fiasco. I think Kirk was pissed at fleck for calling that very late timeout when the game was over. And then Kirk did some gamesmanship and sent a message. Unfortunately, many of the goofer fans had left the stadium and most would not have understood what was going on.

And I wouldnt call it a fiasco. I think Kirk was pissed at fleck for calling that very late timeout when the game was over. And then Kirk did some gamesmanship and sent a message. Unfortunately, many of the goofer fans had left the stadium and most would not have understood what was going on.

F every one of the goofer fans

Every Damn one of them and fleck also

I don't see anything wrong with it. All the 3 TO's we burned did was allow Minnesota fans more time to get to their cars before traffic picked up. Up 35 it was the least he could do to help them get home quicker.

Latest posts