Revised season predictions

BSpringsteen

Now that we've scored 59 points, and are a bad play call / decision / pass from a likely 4-0 start, let's see your revised predictions. Here is mine:

Minnesota: Loss - They have a whole chant about how much they hate us. That's bad news.
Michigan State: Loss - Juggernaut offense against our defense worries me.
Ohio State: Win - I just think we're due to win in Columbus
Northwestern: Loss - They only gave up 21 points against Maine. How are we supposed to score?
Wisconsin: Loss - they have a running back that should have been ours. Unless AIRBHG takes him, we're screwed.
Purdue: Loss - Our most hated rival is gonna be really hyped up. We don't do well in trophy games.
Michigan: Win - Kirk dominates big blue.
Nebraska: Loss - Pelini's last game in Lincoln will be special. For him, not us.

So there you go, 5-7. We're improving. And if we had just not gotten picked against NIU, we'd go bowling. But still 2-6 in conference really leaves something to be desired.

Now that we've scored 59 points, and are a bad play call / decision / pass from a likely 4-0 start, let's see your revised predictions. Here is mine:

Minnesota: Loss - They have a whole chant about how much they hate us. That's bad news.
Northwestern: Loss - They only gave up 21 points against Maine. How are we supposed to score?
Wisconsin: Loss - they have a running back that should have been ours. Unless AIRBHG takes him, we're screwed.
Purdue: Loss - Our most hated rival is gonna be really hyped up. We don't do well in trophy games.
Nebraska: Loss - Pelini's last game in Lincoln will be special. For him, not us.

So there you go, 5-7. We're improving. And if we had just not gotten picked against NIU, we'd go bowling. But still 2-6 in conference really leaves something to be desired.

I'm upping my prediction from 5-7 to 6-6.

Got me 7-5. Wins are minn, msu, Purdue and one surprise

I changed my prediction after last week tho and today didn't change anything for me.

I took you seriously until I got to the Ohio State game.

1)Win the next two...we go bowling...6-7 wins, with at least outside hope for more
2)Go 1-1, I'll still say bowling but barely...6 wins(if we keep improving)
3)Lose the next 2...ugh...5 or less. Confidence will be low

What weight do you think their D Line averages?
i didn't get a program so not sure. BUT they got no pressure on SJS QB and got shredded thru the air. Not sure how they are against the rub cause the other team hardly ran the ball at all. Hageman is the best DL but can be blocked.

I was at the Goof game today, they are nothing to be scared of that is for sure.[/QUO

I fear every opponent because Iowa hasn't turned the page yet and in all seriousness Iowa still is a mystery to me. IMO Next week will be the judge of how this season will go.

Last edited:
Beat Minny, Sparty, PUrdue and Michigan, who knows maybe Northwestern. That makes 8 wins.

As we get on a knock off each one the next one will seem more realisitc.

I think we have a realistic chance to win every game on the schedule except Ohio State and probably Wisconsin. Those games would require divine intervention. Minny, Sparty, Purdue, NW, Michigan, and Nebraska all have issues right now. NW's offense didn't light up Maine today...and looked almost pedestrian. I know Mark isn't playing yet...but they looked beatable.

I still think we surprise teams this year. We just need to clean a few things up, work hard, and do some good things per KF.

I've got us 6-6, which, given how our schedule sets, I would actually consider pretty significant improvement over last year (i.e. I would be willing to give KF another shot in 2014 to show us another incremental step forward)

Wins:
MSU
Purdue
Plus 1 Kinnick Magic "bonus win" over a team we're not good enough to beat on paper (NW, Wisconsin, or Michigan)

6-6 (3-5) still ain't pretty, but I'll take it in a heartbeat over last year.

I think we have a realistic chance to win every game on the schedule except Ohio State and probably Wisconsin. Those games would require divine intervention. Minny, Sparty, Purdue, NW, Michigan, and Nebraska all have issues right now. NW's offense didn't light up Maine today...and looked almost pedestrian. I know Mark isn't playing yet...but they looked beatable.

I still think we surprise teams this year. We just need to clean a few things up, work hard, and do some good things per KF.

I think people (i.e. not just you) are VASTLY overestimating Wisconsin. I still have us down for L in that game, but that is more of a reflection of where I think we're at, not how good I think Wisconsin is.

I've been saying 8-5 since April. Somebody needs to make me their sig so I can look like a genius/moron in January.

I can't believe I'm saying this...but I am actually beginning to think 8-9 wins might be realistic...This team seems to be improving every week...which is what good Ferentz teams usually do. I'm still going to go with 7...but...8-9 doesn't seem insane to me anymore...I can see if for sure...

If this team keeps it up...I wouldn't want to be Nebraska or UM in November...one step at a time...

Latest posts