Rev. Deuce Hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

revkev73

Interesting article in "The Athletic" this morning about incoming QB Deuce Hogan and his upbringing, personality, etc.

Hopefully he signs and does well at Iowa. I am giving him a pre-signing day nickname...Moses.

Based on what I have heard, he patterns himself after Tim Tebow. I see more of a comparison to the golfer Webb Simpson, U.S. Open Champion.

Bad breaks, wasted opportunities, losses to Wisconsin, PSU, big game flops, sideline confusion, disappointment among Iowa... Moses Hogan proclaims..."Let my people go, my Hawkeye people!"

We'll all be learning from the Book of Deuceronomy.
"Rev Deuce, what were the keys to winning the national title? What a game, defeating Alabama 45-3!"

Moses Hogan "I believe our proverbial pass completions purged the theodicy from the Iowa program. It was a watershed event. The path to future success is now open. We are walking on dry ground."

"Rev Deuce, what were the keys to winning the national title? What a game, defeating Alabama 45-3!"

Moses Hogan "I believe our proverbial pass completions purged the theodicy from the Iowa program. It was a watershed event. The path to future success is now open. We are walking on dry ground."

He parted the Red Sea?

Interesting article in "The Athletic" this morning about incoming QB Deuce Hogan and his upbringing, personality, etc.

Hopefully he signs and does well at Iowa. I am giving him a pre-signing day nickname...Moses.

Based on what I have heard, he patterns himself after Tim Tebow. I see more of a comparison to the golfer Webb Simpson, U.S. Open Champion.

Bad breaks, wasted opportunities, losses to Wisconsin, PSU, big game flops, sideline confusion, disappointment among Iowa... Moses Hogan proclaims..."Let my people go, my Hawkeye people!"

If you follow his twitter postings, yes he is an unapologetic Christian.

I don’t like the jeebus voodoo, but I can ignore it. I do however love this tweet and the attitude he has. After three years of Nervous Nate I’m ready for some more Tate/Stanzi/CJ and a little Love It Or Leave It.

The comments in that tweet are Hawkeye Gold!

"Did Keith Duncan give you permission to take a picture of his house?"

All kidding aside, I'm excited to see what he can do when he gets to Iowa. I just hope KF doesn't extinguish too much of his fire.

I don't want to copy-paste too much of their stuff (I can't recommend a subscription any more highly, you really need to get on this train), but this is too good not to share. Truly a match made in heaven:

During his quarterback’s freshman year, Kris told Deuce dozens of times during one game week to never check out of a certain call. It was a data-driven decision, the opponent had a blitz planned and Deuce needed to throw a specific route.

In the game, Grapevine Faith was pinned at its 13-yard line on the right hashmark. Kris sent in the play because he expected the blitz package.

“He walks up to the line of scrimmage and he looks around and he starts doing this yelling,” Kris said. “The guys upstairs go, ‘Oh my gosh, he’s changing the play.’ I’m about to stroke out on the sideline. It’s a state game, and I told him don’t change. Not only does he change the play, he changes it from a pass play to a run play. Quarterbacks usually don’t do that, especially young ones. He runs the ball into the boundary, tosses the ball into their boundary to (Faith’s) best player. So, when they snap the ball and I saw it was developing, I was just like, ‘Are you kidding me?’ Kid goes around the corner for 70.

I don’t like the jeebus voodoo, but I can ignore it. I do however love this tweet and the attitude he has. After three years of Nervous Nate I’m ready for some more Tate/Stanzi/CJ and a little Love It Or Leave It.

That is a good comeback retweet but I find it ironic that a devout Christian as this Hogan kid is supposed to be might do a comeback like this. It seems simpler to just no comment but maybe he knows the original tweeter.

Sure, Iowa's offense appears outdated due to the lack of running threat at QB. But I think this also represents the opportunity to take advantage of a real market inefficiency. If most of the major programs run offenses that feature a running QB, there is more and more competition of the Pat Mahomes, Russel Wilsons, Baker Mayfields, and Kyler Murrays of the world.

But the amount of competition for pro-style guys has gone way down. Iowa will potentially be able to get an upper-echelon pro-style QB that they would not have had a shot at 10 years ago. And you don't need a running-threat to run a suped-up offense (see LSU), you just need an accurate, quick-thinker and some talent around him.

I don't want to copy-paste too much of their stuff (I can't recommend a subscription any more highly, you really need to get on this train), but this is too good not to share. Truly a match made in heaven:

During his quarterback’s freshman year, Kris told Deuce dozens of times during one game week to never check out of a certain call. It was a data-driven decision, the opponent had a blitz planned and Deuce needed to throw a specific route.

In the game, Grapevine Faith was pinned at its 13-yard line on the right hashmark. Kris sent in the play because he expected the blitz package.

“He walks up to the line of scrimmage and he looks around and he starts doing this yelling,” Kris said. “The guys upstairs go, ‘Oh my gosh, he’s changing the play.’ I’m about to stroke out on the sideline. It’s a state game, and I told him don’t change. Not only does he change the play, he changes it from a pass play to a run play. Quarterbacks usually don’t do that, especially young ones. He runs the ball into the boundary, tosses the ball into their boundary to (Faith’s) best player. So, when they snap the ball and I saw it was developing, I was just like, ‘Are you kidding me?’ Kid goes around the corner for 70.

What subscription are you referring to?

So the kid doesn't listen to the coaches and likes to change the play at the line even when he is told not to? This kid could be better than John Elway but he ain't gonna play at Iowa if he does that. You have to be at least halfway through junior season to call an audible and then you have one choice, off tackle left.

That is a good comeback retweet but I find it ironic that a devout Christian as this Hogan kid is supposed to be might do a comeback like this. It seems simpler to just no comment but maybe he knows the original tweeter.

Quite the opposite. "If God be with you, who can stand against you". The Bible is if nothing else a book about taking a stand.

First thing even a minister would tell you is that everyone is a sinner. Meaning no one is perfect or acts perfectly.
You guys should take that dumb shit right here----> https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/

Like-minded folks who share your same ideals, and you won't get bothered and annoyed by people who want to talk Hawkeye football.

Seriously. I mean why wouldn't you want to go discuss it in a purpose-built community made just for you?

You guys should take that dumb shit right here----> https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/

Like-minded folks who share your same ideals, and you won't get bothered and annoyed by people who want to talk Hawkeye football.

Seriously. I mean why wouldn't you want to go discuss it in a purpose-built community made just for you?

Yep, and let's make sure to never post in a music-related thread since that's not relevant to Hawkeye sports either... lighten up, Francis.

Yep, and let's make sure to never post in a music-related thread since that's not relevant to Hawkeye sports either... lighten up, Francis.

We had our Christmas pageant and brunch yesterday at church. Me, Ma and the boy bellied up near some old guys who I had seen but never talked to. Turned out they were both from Iowa (imagine that, Lutherans from Iowa) and when I told them I was a Hawk fan they both started bitching about the offense. Even houses of worship have factions that hate Brian Ferentz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts