Rest of Season Predictions

Honestly, I heard a guy here in Omaha talking about the bubble on 1620 The Zone yesterday (not an Iowa guy, I think he runs something called TK Brackets) and this was BEFORE last night's win, he said Iowa could almost lose out and still be in because of their wins. I don't know that I believe him, but they might be a lock now.

I think 2 more wins and Iowa is a lock. But if Iowa did lose out that's a 7-13 conference record (18-14 overall) and got into the NCAA tournament it would be a record for the worst conference winning percentage for an at large. I believe Iowa State currently holds that record with a .357 winning percentage back in 1992 (5-9).

I think 2 more wins and Iowa is a lock. But if Iowa did lose out that's a 7-13 conference record (18-14 overall) and got into the NCAA tournament it would be a record for the worst conference winning percentage for an at large. I believe Iowa State currently holds that record with a .357 winning percentage back in 1992 (5-9).

What's crazy is the guy said it before the Indiana win which would have meant 6-14. That's ridiculous in my opinion. It seems like 8-12 would be the bubble.

What's crazy is the guy said it before the Indiana win which would have meant 6-14. That's ridiculous in my opinion. It seems like 8-12 would be the bubble.

Oh wow, dang! I don't see 17-15 with a 6-14 conference record getting into the tournament. I don't even think that's a decent seed in the NIT.

Fortunately we don't have to worry about that playing out.

This may be true, but only two more wins means Iowa pooped it down their leg to close the season.

This may be true, but only two more wins means Iowa pooped it down their leg to close the season.

Yep, if Iowa only beats Rutgers once and Northwestern it still puts Iowa as a 6 seed in the BTT with a 9-11 record and 20-12 overall (based on that predictor). But with a field of 68 teams there is a lot of ugly bubble teams, Iowa may not even have to play in one of the First Four games.