Rest of Season Predictions

WindsorHawk

Our daunting late season schedule is looking less daunting with each passing week of the season. We are playing well. And some teams that many of us thought were really good don't appear to be all that scary. Here are the remaining games.

MSU
@MN
MI
@IN
NW
@RUT
MD
IN
@OSU
RUT
@WI
@NE

When we were 0-3 I thought we would win 5 in a row and then win go 7-5 the rest of the way. The fact that we have gone 5-0 (2 on the road without Cook) has me questioning my projection down the stretch...as possibly being too conservative. There is no game left on the schedule that I would mark down as an automatic loss...like the road games at MSU and PU (minus Garza) were IMO. I see games I think would be upsets if we won. But I don't see any definite losses. Now that we are 5-3 and we have seen more of other teams in the conference what are people thinking? For the sake of fairness projections made after the MSU game don't count as it relates to this thread.

Next 4...2-2
Middle 4...4-0
Last 4...2-2

So...as of today...I have us at 8-4 ROS; 13-7 in the Big 10; and 24-7 overall.

Its so hard to predict game by game. Off nights happen. Teams jump up.

I have it broken down into 3 pods of 4 as well.

I think we split each of those pods and go 6-6 down the stretch, thus 11-9 overall. I think predicting we win all 4 of those middle 4 games is too rosy. Maybe 3 of 4.

The first pod is the toughest for sure, then we have a manageable 4 game stretch, and the last pod gets tough again with good opponents and 3 out of 4 on the road.

I will be good with 11-9. Its just a deep league and I am trying to keep my expectations in check. If we do 12 or better, I will be very happy.

2 be honest, most teams go through a dry spell and kind of resort back to the means - 12 games left, I am predicting 6-6. IMO - anything over 10-10 is gravy for this team and program.

Our daunting late season schedule is looking less daunting with each passing week of the season. We are playing well. And some teams that many of us thought were really good don't appear to be all that scary. Here are the remaining games.

MSU
@MN
MI
@IN
NW
@RUT
MD
IN
@OSU
RUT
@WI
@NE

When we were 0-3 I thought we would win 5 in a row and then win go 7-5 the rest of the way. The fact that we have gone 5-0 (2 on the road without Cook) has me questioning my projection down the stretch...as possibly being too conservative. There is no game left on the schedule that I would mark down as an automatic loss...like the road games at MSU and PU (minus Garza) were IMO. I see games I think would be upsets if we won. But I don't see any definite losses. Now that we are 5-3 and we have seen more of other teams in the conference what are people thinking? For the sake of fairness projections made after the MSU game don't count as it relates to this thread.

Next 4...2-2
Middle 4...4-0
Last 4...2-2

Only change I’d make is 3-1 in the middle 4 set. Going to Rutgers and Maryland at home looks like a split to me.

Tomorrow night will tell me a lot, but for now if I had to pick each game here's what I'd go with:

MSU - L
@MN - W
MI - L
@IN - L
NW - W
@RUT - W
MD - W
IN - W
@OSU - L
RUT - W
@WI - L
@NE - L

Our daunting late season schedule is looking less daunting with each passing week of the season. We are playing well.

You're a level headed guy so i hope you are right about this. that kind of record will put them in the Des Moines discussion.

but i can't bring myself to climb up on this bandwagon. i don't want to disappoint myself by having that kind of hope.

6-6 the rest of the way. I'm more than OK with that as the entire B1G is a gauntlet this year.

That should put Iowa in the dance.

This continues to be a typical Fran team. Poor guard play when challenged by athletic guards, poor game time coaching, lack of mental and physical toughness. Fran blamed last night's game on the inability to shoot and make threes, forgetting that it was the big men in the first half that had the success that they went away from in the second. Look for them to win a few more games, squeak into the tourney and lose the first, or second game. Meet the new Fran same as the old Fran. Time for a change.

I noticed this thread stopped at 2pm yesterday..

Reality.

lol, there was a poll on who would win last night on here, and a huge majority picked MSU. A lot of posters had Iowa going 6-6 or around that down the stretch. There was plenty reality going on and there still is. Iowa's not the best team in the country, we're all shocked.