Research: Iowa WR Production During KF Era

Nice info and you can pretty much tell by the reception numbers, not necessarily total yardage, when Iowa has a dominant or really good running game. In 2001-3 when the zone blocking was at its peak or at A peak the receptions # dropped down, same in 2008 with Green and Hampton piling up the yardage. Of course 2004 the numbers jump way up again as all the RBs got injured and with some other years with less than avg running game.

2016 was maybe a good running game but also poor pass blocking. Interesting trends.

A real deep dive would include all pass attempts, number of targets by receiving group, WR, TE, RBs, with a comparison to number of rushing attempts and yard per carry avg and avg rush yards per game.

This is all amazing research. I don't know what it really means, but better brains can figure it out.

Before you throw Greg Davis under the bus, please remember 2015. He had some great tight ends that year and a couple of fine WRs, and that team went 12-2. Just sayin'.

I think the one constant for all of the Ferentz years is that we were in a position to win most of the games. Iowa did not win all of them, but we have been competitive most of the way. In 2019 we were 4-3 in one possession games. In 2018, we were 2-3. That is the difference in the two years.

In 2019 we were 4-3 in one possession games. In 2018, we were 2-3. That is the difference in the two years.

Great stat, but the cynic in me suspects that Purdue graduating Blough and having a bunch of injuries and NU falling off the face of the earth without Thorson are actually the difference between this team going 7-5 and 9-3 this year.

And many wanted KOK fired at that point. Funny how that works and now they want BF fired also. Funny how that works.

Iowa is ranked 66th in passing yards in the country. Iowa is so far behind the 8-ball on offense that it's amazing Brian still has a job.

Nice! Thanks!

Now we need a volunteer reseacher for RB receptions. :)
Here's RBs.

This includes fullbacks, but no holders or D-lineman allowed. Sorry, Kluver and Brincks.

'16 and '17 were basically all Wadley.

Capture2.jpg

Great stat, but the cynic in me suspects that Purdue graduating Blough and having a bunch of injuries and NU falling off the face of the earth without Thorson are actually the difference between this team going 7-5 and 9-3 this year.

Fair observation. There wasn't much difference, in all reality.

We were very good the past two years (18-7 before our bowl game this year), but not elite. Too many close losses.

Latest posts