Report: Iowa Hiring Ladell Betts as RB Coach

Just curious what has Betts been doing since his NFL playing days. Does he have any coaching experience?

I am not saying that coaching experience is required to be the RB coach, especially with his Iowa and NFL playing experience, but it would be a nice bonus if he has already been coaching somewhere else.

Great hire, guy that can say: “This is how you do it“, and have unquestionable credentials and being a high school coach in Florida and growing up in Missouri, gives us a recruiter from two states Iowa has had success in recruiting. Real win,win, hire.

Just curious what has Betts been doing since his NFL playing days. Does he have any coaching experience?

I am not saying that coaching experience is required to be the RB coach, especially with his Iowa and NFL playing experience, but it would be a nice bonus if he has already been coaching somewhere else.
According to his LinkedIn profile, he was offensive coordinator at Boca Raton HS in Florida for two years, offensive coordinator at Pine Crest School HS for three years and head coach at Pine Crest School HS for two years.

According to his LinkedIn profile, he was offensive coordinator at Boca Raton HS in Florida for two years, offensive coordinator at Pine Crest School HS for three years and head coach at Pine Crest School HS for two years.
Very cool! He brings some HS head coaching experience and also has some recent contacts in the Florida High school system.

The more I learn, this hire keeps sounding better and better.

I like this hire as much from a recruiting standpoint as a coaching standpoint. Excellent work. I believe the HS team he was coaching won the state championship as well. He knows what he is doing....

I've got to think this is a step up in pay for Ladell. Good for him. I'm pretty sure HS coaches aren't making the big bucks...well...unless Florida State and the entire SEC is recruiting your players anyway. The side deals in the SEC where coaches steer players is surely going on.

That's where the real money is made...Free Shoes University.

I have no idea if Florida/Kansas City ties equals automatic awesomeness.

I would imagine it was a hard sell to the wifey. Leave Florida for Iowa City. Boca Raton/Ft. Laurdale for Iowa City? It is marriage so sacrifices have to be made.

I love Florida, but Iowa City is a special place and a really good one to raise kids. There is a lot better energy in a college town than southern Florida (unless you like the early bird buffet).

I love bringing back one of our own. With respect, I think RB is the least important coach on the team from a teaching perspective. There is not that much technique, its all about talent. So, if he can recruit and has contacts, then I love it. I think it is also great we are hiring another Black coach and one with NFL ties. KF appears to have gotten this one right, at least on paper.

I have no idea if Florida/Kansas City ties equals automatic awesomeness.

I would imagine it was a hard sell to the wifey. Leave Florida for Iowa City. Boca Raton/Ft. Laurdale for Iowa City? It is marriage so sacrifices have to be made.
Or his wife is extremely happy to support him as he moves on to the next step of his coaching dream. Why are so many people so damn negative all the time?

Latest posts