Report: Brian Ferentz to become the next HC at Kansas.

IS THIS TRUE? DOES THIS PAVE THE WAY FOR O'KEEFE TO ASCEND BACK TO THE THRONE AS OC? IF THIS IS NOT TRUE MAY YOU BE BANISHED FROM EVERY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM ON EARTH OTHER THAN THOSE RUN BY THE CCP WHERE THE PUNISHMENT FOR TROLLING IS BEING STRAPPED INTO THAT METAL CHAIR TORTURE DEVICE WITH A CAR BATTERY HOOKED TO YOUR SCROTUM FOR AN ETERNITY.

IS THIS TRUE? DOES THIS PAVE THE WAY FOR O'KEEFE TO ASCEND BACK TO THE THRONE AS OC? IF THIS IS NOT TRUE MAY YOU BE BANISHED FROM EVERY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM ON EARTH OTHER THAN THOSE RUN BY THE CCP WHERE THE PUNISHMENT FOR TROLLING IS BEING STRAPPED INTO THAT METAL CHAIR TORTURE DEVICE WITH A CAR BATTERY HOOKED TO YOUR SCROTUM FOR AN ETERNITY.
I have to say, I may be in the minority with this opinion here but KOK is a damned good football coach. There was a lot of animosity towards him amongst the fan base back in the day but, the reality is, I think most of that criticism was misplaced. KOK, like GDGD and BF, largely ran the offense Kirk wanted.

I'd welcome KOK back into the OC seat in a heartbeat.

I have to say, I may be in the minority with this opinion here but KOK is a damned good football coach. There was a lot of animosity towards him amongst the fan base back in the day but, the reality is, I think most of that criticism was misplaced. KOK, like GDGD and BF, largely ran the offense Kirk wanted.

I'd welcome KOK back into the OC seat in a heartbeat.

KOK is a fantastic OC. I think Brian is really good as well.

To me, KOK's career is defined by 4 events.

1) 2004 season. We had no RBs and he managed to eek out just enough offensive to win 10 games. It was a miracle.

2) 2007 Syracuse game. O'Keefe knew we had a potential dog fight on our hands after Syracuse had taken us to a triple OT game the year before and he showed up with a perfectly designed passing attack with tons of very simple throws to try to build Jake Christensen up before the season started to get difficult. Unfortunately the team wasn't very good, but KOK had a great plan to get Christensen a bunch of easy passes to Moeaki and all sorts of great looks with RBs out of the backfield. It was glorious.

3) 2010 Mizzou game. The play action pass on 4th down. I knew it was coming. Mizzou didn't. Beat a top 15 team with an NFL QB in the bowl game after a massive letdown of a season.

4) 2011 Pitt game. The team was getting throttled and KF clearly said to O'Keefe "your move, big man." O'Keefe rose to the occasion. JVB tossed for 399 in what ended up being one of the greatest Iowa games ever.

KOK can flat out coach and understands the role of ball control offense to make our defense look stellar.

I'll take this offense that Brian is running over any of the O'Keefe offenses. I serious think we are a much more difficult team to defend than we have ever been. Brian is still looking for the QB that is special...and can excel in his system. Nate struggled with accuracy and really missed a ton of guys that were wide open. Spencer was very similar.

It remains to be seen, and I'm hopeful, that if Spencer gets his feet under him...benefits from a full spring, summer, and fall camp...that he can be that guy. The jury is obviously still out on that one.

I'll take this offense that Brian is running over any of the O'Keefe offenses. I serious think we are a much more difficult team to defend than we have ever been. Brian is still looking for the QB that is special...and can excel in his system. Nate struggled with accuracy and really missed a ton of guys that were wide open. Spencer was very similar.

It remains to be seen, and I'm hopeful, that if Spencer gets his feet under him...benefits from a full spring, summer, and fall camp...that he can be that guy. The jury is obviously still out on that one.
The O'Keefe offenses were fine. You're just shaken from Greg Davis. The talent we have gotten at skill positions is a lot better than what O'Keefe had to work with most years. I give Brian a pass as well because the line was complete trash for 2 seasons (but some of that was probably his fault as well).

Either somebody's imagination running wild or BF's agent.
No matter the source, it sounds credible to me and I think Barta needs to open the checkbook and give Brian Ferentz $2 million a year and a $5 million longevity bonus if he is still with the program on January 1, 2025.

Crashing and burning at Kansas is certainly better than crashing and burning at Akron. I rather have Kansas be the litmus test than Iowa.

Latest posts