Replay in college football is a sham, terrible

How do they enforce such a law? Look at each home's water usage and infer you've taken a shower and done laundry, based on each home's family size? Is this really an actual law now?

I know at least in some places in Cali, it's no longer a felony to steal something if the value is less than $950, just a misdemeanor. So, now, predictably, people are stealing more, making sure the value is less than $950.

Social engineering to combat perceived injustices I guess. Moronic.

Yes, good question. Is the Water Company squealing on any user who uses too much, do they have to report it, I suppose that is part of the law. It seems they would have no way of knowing how you used the water unless they authorities or utility company are spying on citizens and companies.

I have read and heard news reports of small towns in Cali that have very little water but just outside their city limits farmers are watering their fields.

Right, so the logical policy decision is to fine anyone who has the gall to both run their washing machine and shower in the same day. The fact is that such a requirement is not really true. The actual law sets in place a quota on gallons used per day per person “Establishing an indoor, per person water use goal of 55 gallons per day until 2025, 52.5 gallons from 2025 to 2030 and 50 gallons beginning in 2030,” but the fact that you don’t recognize the inherent logical fallacy in such a proposition (People take different lengths of showers and some washing machines are more efficient than others) makes you look awfully dumb and favorable to tyranny. Perhaps the quota is too low, and perhaps California should subsidize the purchasing of more efficient washing machines.

Haha, I have to laugh my ass off for calling this water law tyranny. Was it tyranny when the US Govt ordered rationing during WW2, as Britain and other countries had to do.

Water is a public resource. I dont know what Cali's laws are or who owns the water but I assume most of the water is owned by the State Water Resource. They set prices and usage levels etc, as do local water companies but when there are shortages sometimes people have to be forced to ration or be penalized.

If you dont know it buddy boy altruism is not a very deep characteristic of the human species. Humans have a very tough time doing stuff for the common good as they like to foist their own special interests. Maybe you should look at your intelligence on this matter.

Haha, I have to laugh my ass off for calling this water law tyranny. Was it tyranny when the US Govt ordered rationing during WW2, as Britain and other countries had to do.

Yes, yes it was. Just like it was tyranny when they stole the water rights and basically killed off the Pima Indians so the completely uninhabitable portions of California could be built up. But Ira Hayes still marched up the side of Mount Suribachi to raise Old Glory.

Yes, yes it was. Just like it was tyranny when they stole the water rights and basically killed off the Pima Indians so the completely uninhabitable portions of California could be built up. But Ira Hayes still marched up the side of Mount Suribachi to raise Old Glory.

No shit, thanks for the reference. And come on we all the white people killed off the native Cali people and stole the lands from the spanish settlers who had been there for 200 or so years.

How the hell can sharing water usage be tyrannical when they have droughts. I have driven in the agricultural valleys from San Diego up north a couple hundred miles in Feb/March and the valley was lush but later in the year is the dry time.

How the hell can sharing water usage be tyrannical when they have droughts.

That whole area is selling water far below the market value for water. If they actually charged what it is worth, they would have the money to build a desalination plant and pipeline or come up with an alternative. Water has always been first in time, first in right, but California turned that on its head.

Water is a public resource. I dont know what Cali's laws are or who owns the water but I assume most of the water is owned by the State Water Resource. They set prices and usage levels etc, as do local water companies but when there are shortages sometimes people have to be forced to ration or be penalized.

If you dont know it buddy boy altruism is not a very deep characteristic of the human species. Humans have a very tough time doing stuff for the common good as they like to foist their own special interests. Maybe you should look at your intelligence on this matter.
Holy F, imagine being this stupid. You say some dumb things about Iowa football, but this is a whole new level.

No shit, thanks for the reference. And come on we all the white people killed off the native Cali people and stole the lands from the spanish settlers who had been there for 200 or so years.
Exactly what color would you consider Spanish people?

How the hell can sharing water usage be tyrannical when they have droughts. I have driven in the agricultural valleys from San Diego up north a couple hundred miles in Feb/March and the valley was lush but later in the year is the dry time.
Damn, you put more spin on that one than a disk jockey.

Last edited:
There's no doubt in my mind that the replay is being used as a tool by conferences or worse betting services to affect the outcome of games. It's been pretty obvious for a couple of years in the NFL, now it's in college football. On the field calls are being overturned with almost no evidence, clearly, the replay officials are either following someone's agenda or have usurped completely the officials' role on the field. I don't believe this was the intention of replay.

I'll give you four hints: E. S. P. N.

They "own" $EC and ACC "networks".

With regard to the calls in the Holiday Bowl game, it's a blueblood thing, which isn't necessarily different than the pro-$EC/ACC "calls" we are seeing on ESPN-aired games...

I don't think it's betting services. They release odds that are as close as they can. Then they adjust them if to much money comes in on one side.
As for conferences, idk. I'm sure like any business there is politics to it.
I'm struggling though to figure out why anyone would be so dumb and blatant if they are doing something shady. Seems like a good way to get exposed.

And yet...

Think about it. Who will they really have to "answer to"? NCAA? That's a good one. They're already letting the FBI do their job when it comes to basketball. Oh, and the FBI? Yeah, they're really instilling confidence these days.

I started this thread because it seems to all or most of us, especially me, that my eyes can tell me if a ball is short of the goal line etc etc, or a players foot is out of bounds when you are looking at a 4K ultra high def tv. If anyone of you saw the dramatic ending of the 49ers-Seahawks game last sunday you can see that the 4th down catch came up a couple of inches short. Yet sometimes these reply officials seem to see stuff that aint there.

And then how many times are these overturns on replay due to officials disagreeing or viewing the rules different than the other refs. I cant understand how the various refs and replay officials can differ so many time on the wording or action of a rule. Someone mentioned how often the TV paid former official in the booth gets it wrong or right compared to what the actual replay official decides.

Just the fact that these replay calls go back to some underground bunker in some unknown location just adds to the conspiracy theories.

If most of you remember one of the first really big replay snafus was OU at a Pac 12 team where an onside kick was totally fucked up on replay. The replay official was reprimanded or fired, the Pac 12 had to eat crow. We should have known then it would be a mess.

And again, how hard would it be for a broadcast official/personnel/etc., to "signal" to said "underground bunker"?

I realize we may be chasing something that's not there, i.e., this really COULD be nothing more than really, REALLY, crappy officiating and reviewing. If that's the case, time to "drain the swamp", because what's going on now ain't working, Fryowa's as nauseum defense of any/all officials, and HaydenHawk56s blind hatred of O$U notwithstanding.

The replay system is terrible, where replay officials are overturning calls that are not that wrong. The AJE forced fumble last nite was not indisputably verified to show it was an incomplete pass. My god the Clemson receiver caught a ball tonite and took three steps and then had the ball knocked loose. The ball was fumbled and recovered by OSU and run in for a td.

How the F is that overruled. Terrible reversal.
Coach Day was pissed as he should be and it wrecked the game.

College football is turning into a three ring circus. It is terrible how the play on the field is getting re-reffed by some dude in a booth against what most fans see with their eyes.

And then there are so many transgressions that are not called yet cannot be replayed by officials. really shitty

OSU is not close to my favorite big 10 team I wanted them to win.

First, let me say that I didn't see the game, so I didn't see the play. But from what you said about this particular play (and my brother said the exact same thing as you), then it boggles my mind how anyone can take a certain amount of time to review that and overrule what, from all accounts, appears to have initially been, without a doubt, the CORRECT call to begin with.

I am generally not a fan of replay. I understand wanting to "get it right", but that's just it. Half the time they DON'T get it right. Not to mention it seems like they review about every other play in some games. Zzzzzzzz.

I don't want to scream "conspiracy" based on one play, but my god, it does kind of make you have to wonder how someone's bread is buttered when the decision to overturn is so obviously wrong. Either that, or whoever is looking at these plays is utterly incompetent. Either way, it certainly doesn't seem like replay has improved the accuracy of the officiating, with teams still getting screwed.

Last edited: