Remembering "The Stand" 10 years later

"The Stand" was fun to watch. The 2006 season was probably lost at the Solan Beef Days hay bale toss. That and Iowa couldn't keep its defensive back seven healthy. It was a year much like 2010, only worse.

For me I was so disappointed that Iowa was mud wrestling with the likes of Syracuse that the 'stand' wasn't so much a great moment, as it was a relief. It signaled to me that the hawks were not going to have a stellar year in 2006.

It was epic and great to see your team work so hard to keep a team out of the end zone from so close over so many plays. It showed a lot of heart and showed a lot of non iowa fans what hawk football is about. I dont think it is very easy to win these road games.

I remember being so let down that game was close. Seeing how slow the D was made me less hopeful going forward. But, we were legit overrated coming into the year. The talent just wasn't there.

No matter what it was a herculean effort by the defense. They could of gave up but they hung in their and stuffed them.

Latest posts