Remember When?

Moe was a stud....that guy had zero fear. It didn't matter who or where he was playing.

BJ Armstrong was always my favorite. He was just so smooth and he just made it look easy. Plus, the chicks liked him....

This was the first team I really remember as a kid. They started my love for Iowa Basketball.

Jeff Moe is one of my all-time favorite players.

Ditto. BJ Armstrong is my all-time favorite Hawk and BJ, Roy and Eddie Horton were the face of Iowa Hoops for me growing up, and add Jeff Moe to that list too.

Watching the videos reminded me that Jeff Moe was ultra-hyper--I'm talking Tom Crean/Tom Arnold hyper--even when he was just lining up for someone else's free throw! Everyone else would be standing still, while Moe was bouncing side-to-side like a tennis player about to receive a serve. I had forgotten that he was listed at 6'4--was he really that tall?

This was the first team I really remember as a kid. They started my love for Iowa Basketball.

Jeff Moe is one of my all-time favorite players.

Moe was a super intense guy. I played with and against him numerous times down at the field house and he was the same way in pick up games. He seemed pretty cool off the court but brutal on the court.

The guy that stand out to me most from this team was Easy Ed Horton. At the field house, in pick up games he ws always running his mouth, but in funny a funny way. Said anything to get in guys heads, clapping making noise and saying some of the funniest things.