Remember The Name Chris Beard

Northside Hawk

Texas Tech giving the Dukies all they can handle. They've been up by as many as eight in the second half.

I mentioned Beard earlier in the season. He's an up and comer and he's not playing a cupcake tonight. He's got his team in position for a chance to win.

Texas Tech giving the Dukies all they can handle. They've been up by as many as eight in the second half.

I mentioned Beard earlier in the season. He's an up and comer and he's not playing a cupcake tonight. He's got his team in position for a chance to win.
There's quite a bit of basketball talent in Texas. That's not a bad gig at TT. A good coach can win there.

Duke with vintage Blue Devil defensive prowess down the stretch pulls away late. And does it was Williamson on the bench after fouling out. Texas Tech with questionable shot selection. They had the lead with six minutes to go.

There's quite a bit of basketball talent in Texas. That's not a bad gig at TT. A good coach can win there.
Recent coaches include Gerald Myers, Bobby and Pat Knight, and Tubby Smith. There's some national championships in that group (won at other schools).

The difference between them and Beard is that for them, Texas Tech was a landing spot to help restore credibility after things went sour somewhere else.

Beard, who has paid his dues as a head coach and assistant in some of the most godforsaken places in the country, is on the way up.

Duke with vintage Blue Devil defensive prowess down the stretch pulls away late. And does it was Williamson on the bench after fouling out. Texas Tech with questionable shot selection. They had the lead with six minutes to go.

Very poor shot selection from about the six-minute mark. They became undone. When Zion snagged a rebound, raced downcourt and scored in traffic at the basket, CoachK grinned like the Cheshire Cat himself.....

TT looked good up to that point, at which the cream rises to the top. Not certain if a TO would have helped, but it might not have hurt the cause.....

:cool:

These cats are playing better and better the further this tournament goes on.

They are making a good Michigan team look helpless.

I think they can win it all.

If KenPom means anything, they are rated #1 in the country in AdjD.

And they certainly didn't hurt their ranking last night. They're long, athletic, communicate well, and challenge everything at the rim. Iggy went Pop more than once when he challenged inside.

Nice. :)

The thing that impressed me was the way they played hard, physical, belly-button defense and stripped or blocked the ball largely without fouling. Need athletes with high basketball IQ to do that.

That was the toughest choice in my entire bracket! I waffled and erased the winner of that game 3 times. I finally settled on Gonzaga. Which most likely means that I jinxed them and they'll lose.
Is the line on that game out yet? I could easily see that being a pick 'em.

Does Texas fire Smart and throw a bunch of money at Beard? The rumor mill is that he covets the Arizona job. He is just waiting to see how it plays out with Sean Miller.

Does Texas fire Smart and throw a bunch of money at Beard? The rumor mill is that he covets the Arizona job. He is just waiting to see how it plays out with Sean Miller.
Well, Hoiberg isn't available anymoreo_O

Latest posts