Remaining Road Schedule

NikeHawk21

Taking a look at the remaining road schedule it’s going to be pretty tough run. So far this year we’ve played pretty well on the road and been in every game. What would be reasonable for this stretch of games?
1-5? 2-4?

@Maryland
@Purdue
@Indiana
@Minnesota
@Michigan State
@Illinois

Taking a look at the remaining road schedule it’s going to be pretty tough run. So far this year we’ve played pretty well on the road and been in every game. What would be reasonable for this stretch of games?
1-5? 2-4?

@Maryland
@Purdue
@Indiana
@Minnesota
@Michigan State
@Illinois
0-6 I expect
1-5 - Good
2-4- exceptional
3-3+ Wow, are we gonna be in Omaha?

0-6 I expect
1-5 - Good
2-4- exceptional
3-3+ Wow, are we gonna be in Omaha?
Probably going to need 4-2 or 5-1 at home then to get to 10-10 in B1G play. I think we can maybe get two of those on the road but certainly wouldn’t count on it.

I expect 6-0 or 5-1 at home.
Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio State, Penn State, and Purdue. I think we could but it ain’t going to be easy. Rutgers and Michigan came right down to the end, a couple bounces and they could have gone the other way as well.

Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio State, Penn State, and Purdue. I think we could but it ain’t going to be easy. Rutgers and Michigan came right down to the end, a couple bounces and they could have gone the other way as well.

The last half of the schedule is tougher on the road and easier at home. I'll feel a lot better about only having one home loss if we win Monday.

I’ll be disappointed if Iowa loses at home this season unless there is more injury. Iowa has played tough competition all season. I obviously know there is going to be a spell where Iowa goes cold, but they have enough weapons to beat anybody at home and I expect them to.

Any win on the road is appreciated and not expected.
Win one and I'll be happy. But with a center like Garza that's something to work with. I think we have a chance to win any of them.

1-5? 2-4?

@Maryland
@Purdue
@Indiana
@Minnesota
@Michigan State
@Illinois
I’m expecting 2-4 and 5-1 at home. And I won’t be shocked if that’s good enough for the 3 or 4 seed in the BTT.

I put the games with Maryland, Indiana, Purdue, and Michigan St. a 50-50 chance to pull out a victory. At Minnesota and Illinois concern me the most because they match up well with us.

Any win on the road is appreciated and not expected.
Win one and I'll be happy. But with a center like Garza that's something to work with. I think we have a chance to win any of them.
And since we have a chance to win any of them we have a chance to win all of them
;)

I’m a glass full guy even when only 1/2 full of liquid.

We should get good and familiar with the tiebreaker rules because there is likely going to be like 8-10 teams with between 8-12 wins.
When I did it the other day it had us at 11-9 with 5 other teams I think it was. Had is winning the tie breaker with all of them. Seems like that's a first. We normally lose tie breakers.

I don't expect to win any of those road games. And that's OK. We'll be fine as long as we protect our house!

The regardless of home or away, the next 5 are brutal because of where they fall.

Monday - Wisconsin
Thursday - @Maryland
Sunday - Illinois
Wednesday - @Purdue
Saturday - Nebraska**

We have to take care of Wisconsin to start things out, but every game against Wisconsin is a slugfest that can take a lot out of us and they already have 2 of the best road wins in the conference @PSU and @OSU. Then a quick turn around with only 2 days of rest/travel to Maryland who will have an extra day off to prepare for us along with the luxury of not having to travel and the advantage of their dumb Under Armor balls. Then we have to travel back and only get 2 days to prepare for Illinois who will have just played at home against MN and only has a short jaunt over to Iowa City. Then with only 2 more days to recover/prepare we again travel to Purdue who completely dismantled Michigan State at home and will be our 4th game in 10 days. The final game in this stretch only only a couple days later against Nebraska will hopefully give us a chance for retribution, but only if we have our legs under us.

Only after all of that do we get a chance to rest for a bit before we travel back to back @Indiana (who also knocked off Michigan State at home) and @Minnesota. If we get off to a rocky start and get too worn down, 1-4 is a real possibility and the season could look like it's crumbling by the end of the first week in February.

Our guys have shown a lot of grit so far, but I'd argue we're entering the teeth of the schedule in the next 5 in large part because of how the games are scheduled.

The regardless of home or away, the next 5 are brutal because of where they fall.

Monday - Wisconsin
Thursday - @Maryland
Sunday - Illinois
Wednesday - @Purdue
Saturday - Nebraska**

We have to take care of Wisconsin to start things out, but every game against Wisconsin is a slugfest that can take a lot out of us and they already have 2 of the best road wins in the conference @PSU and @OSU. Then a quick turn around with only 2 days of rest/travel to Maryland who will have an extra day off to prepare for us along with the luxury of not having to travel and the advantage of their dumb Under Armor balls. Then we have to travel back and only get 2 days to prepare for Illinois who will have just played at home against MN and only has a short jaunt over to Iowa City. Then with only 2 more days to recover/prepare we again travel to Purdue who completely dismantled Michigan State at home and will be our 4th game in 10 days. The final game in this stretch only only a couple days later against Nebraska will hopefully give us a chance for retribution, but only if we have our legs under us.

Only after all of that do we get a chance to rest for a bit before we travel back to back @Indiana (who also knocked off Michigan State at home) and @Minnesota. If we get off to a rocky start and get too worn down, 1-4 is a real possibility and the season could look like it's crumbling by the end of the first week in February.

Our guys have shown a lot of grit so far, but I'd argue we're entering the teeth of the schedule in the next 5 in large part because of how the games are scheduled.
That’s interesting with the short rest coming up on our schedule. The good news is Wisconsin plays Purdue at Mackey tonight and then plays us on Monday which is a super short turn. Iowa really needs to take care of that one.

Maryland probably seeking revenge I look at that as probably our second toughest remaining game besides at Michigan State. Go out there and let it fly and see what happens but no shame in the likely loss there.

Illinois however might be our toughest remaining home game.

So yes a 2-1 week would be great, 1-2 definitely not out of the question.

The nice thing for Iowa going forward with the road schedule is our ability to shoot the outside shot. The 3pt shot is the ultimate equalizer in college hoops, so we could steal a game or two if we have a hot shooting night.

Monday - Wisconsin
Thursday - @Maryland
Sunday - Illinois
Wednesday - @Purdue
Saturday - Nebraska**

When you read that breakdown, it makes the Nebraska game hurt worse. If things go bad, like they easily could, we might need that extra win.

Latest posts