Relive Koehn's Field Goal from over 30 different angles

One of those videos ( the one posted by Clint Matthews) from the side really showed how much the ball cleared the goalposts. I'd bet it would have been good from probably 65 yards.

Last edited:
I saw it in person from the 5th row on the 30. Thought about taping it and said to myself, I wanna watch this one with my own eyes and not through a camera.

I saw it in person from the 5th row on the 30. Thought about taping it and said to myself, I wanna watch this one with my own eyes and not through a camera.

I was the same way.....10th row on the 30 and wanted to watch it without messing around with the camera.....so I had my teenage son tape it! :) Best of both worlds there.....got to see it without "distraction" and have a keepsake as well.

That is very cool. I was in section 134 behind the goal posts and didn't even think to video it. Hopefully more come in from that angle so I can selfishly relive it again. Very cool concept

I saw a few people around me getting their phones out to record, and I was happy that I could watch with my own eyes, and these other folks would post it on the internet for my later enjoyment.

Was that the best kick in Iowa history? I know there's been game winning kicks with more on the line and more pressure, but from the hash from 57 yards out to win the game as time expired, hard to beat that.

Was that the best kick in Iowa history? I know there's been game winning kicks with more on the line and more pressure, but from the hash from 57 yards out to win the game as time expired, hard to beat that.

Considering the distance and that the result could win the game, you could argue it from some angles. Not most important, but certainly a money kick

I still rank Murray's Penn St kick a little better just because of Penn St's ranking and coming into Kinnick undefeated. Also an intense night game. That kick killed Penn St's chances at a National C-ship that year.

I still rank Murray's Penn St kick a little better just because of Penn St's ranking and coming into Kinnick undefeated. Also an intense night game. That kick killed Penn St's chances at a National C-ship that year.

That was a great kick, and not saying no pressure. But Koehn's was like 26 yards farther away..and just making a kick from that far out, under ideal conditions, is less than 20% chance in the college game. With a game on the line like that? It was a nails kick.

Latest posts