Reisner released by Vikings

Practice Squad????? Seems like the type of guy Vikings would keep on speed dial, especially if he does not get picked up elsewhere.

Being a Vikings fan, I often find myself shaking my head in disappointment.

This is one of those times.

I truly believe that if the organization could do things over, knowing how good Reisner is, that they wouldn't have drafted the TE from ND. I think they would have used that pick to draft someone else(a LB?), and then be satisfied with picking up Reisner as a FA, because as far as I could tell... Reisner showed just as much potential, but maybe I'm biased.

I'm a little shocked that they couldn't find someone else to cut. I understand they have a pretty solid TE goup at the moment(when healthy), but seeing how Ponder(the future of MN) played and was able to connect with Reisner... You would think they would want to keep him around for when Ponder takes over the QB position.

Kleinsasser is 34 years old
Shiancoe is 31 and struggling with an injury.

Neither of them have a whole lot left in them before they are no longer able to be productive in the NFL, especially Kleinsasser.

That leaves the Vikings with 1 TE from what I can tell...

I'm surprised they cut Reisner... I really am. I would be even more shocked if the Vikings don't give him a call the second they need a TE.

I hope he gets picked up by the Chiefs though. That would be ideal.

He's been signed to the practice squad:

@KCRGSports: RT @JonEkstrom: #Vikings sign former Iowa TE Allen Reisner to round out their 2011 practice squad

Being a Vikings fan, I often find myself shaking my head in disappointment.

This is one of those times.

I truly believe that if the organization could do things over, knowing how good Reisner is, that they wouldn't have drafted the TE from ND.

Why? He was clearly their 4th best TE and was a long shot to make the squad. Rudolph looks like a future stud out there and I'd much rather have him on the team than Reisner. Can't fault the Vikings for cutting/signing him to practice squad. They'll probably get rid of Shiancoe next year and he'll be called up. Kleinsasser is also getting pretty far up there in age.

Latest posts