Reiff a Lion

Great team for him. Again an Iowa OL falls to pick #23. Last time that happened he won a Super Bowl his rookie season.

Second time in three years a Hawkeye LT has fallen from top-10 projections to the #23 pick for a NFC North team. Last time, the team that made the pick ended up winning the Super Bowl that year.

Well at least Hawkeye Game Film got the conference right..j/k...As a Bear fan it gets harder and harder to see division rivals take Hawkeyes the Bears had him at a steal and need OL help much worse then an OLB/DE heres to another year of maybe coming close to the playoffs. Looking forward to seeing where the rest of the boys go. Anywhere but the NFC North I hope. Unless its the Bears of course but that probably went without stating but then again around here who knows.

Last edited:
Well at least Hawkeye Game Film got the conference right..j/k...As a Bear fan it gets harder and harder to see division rivals take Hawkeyes the Bears had him at a steal and need OL help much worse then an OLB/DE heres to another year of maybe coming close to the playoffs. Looking forward to seeing where the rest of the boys go. Anywhere but the NFC North I hope. Unless its the Bears of course but that probably went without stating but then again around here who knows.

Agree with the statement that the Bears should have taken Reiff at 19. I'll give Phil Emery the benefit of the doubt, however M Shea McClellin must be a starter this season in order for this draft to be considered a success.

NFL.com 2nd round Mock:

54. Detroit Lions: Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State, G: Martin Mayhew might continue his efforts to upgrade the pass protection around Matthew Stafford with the addition of Osemele.

I'm not at all surprised he slipped this far down. There were two first round picks that jumped out at me as being poor choices. That's the Dolphins taking Tannehill at #8 and the Rams taking Michael Brockers at #14. Reiff definitely could have gone in front of Brockers. I understand Mike Sherman wanting to reunite with Tannehill. I just don't think he's going to be a very good NFL QB. I'm not a big fan of his release or his accuracy, but to his credit the A+M receivers dropped a lot of balls. I really don't understand the Brockers decision though. That team has a ton of needs. Just doesn't make sense to me that they wasted their first pick on a guy they would have had a shot getting later on.

I love Reiff going to the Lions. I'm not a big fan of Jim Schwartz because of his little tantrum he threw after Harbaugh slapped him on the back (I'm a 49ers fan). However, the Lions are a team that is turning the corner and should be good for quite awhile. Stafford is injury prone and they needed help protecting him. I heard Reiff wanted to stay away from the "big city life". Detroit is a pretty big city, but he doesn't have to live right in it. Plus it isn't near as distracting as living somewhere like New York or Miami. I think his aggressive mentality will fit in well in the Motor City. Practicing against Suh will certainly help him fine tune his skills!

Agree with the statement that the Bears should have taken Reiff at 19. I'll give Phil Emery the benefit of the doubt, however M Shea McClellin must be a starter this season in order for this draft to be considered a success.

As a Bear fan I feel it is safe to say they don't intentionally draft starters. They draft projects. They refuse to draft needs, they draft defense. They should have started drafting OL 3+ years ago. Instead they sign veterans who are past their prime hoping they work out. The Bears have become one of the worst organizations in regards to the draft.

As a Bear fan I feel it is safe to say they don't intentionally draft starters. They draft projects. They refuse to draft needs, they draft defense. They should have started drafting OL 3+ years ago. Instead they sign veterans who are past their prime hoping they work out. The Bears have become one of the worst organizations in regards to the draft.

As a Broncos fan I know exactly how you feel, the last few years have just been down right brutal, and after last night I'm not sure what the hell to think. I also like the Bears and I never understand the thought process of not drafting O-line players, very frustrating to see?

Latest posts