Reese Morgan gone too?

I'm not sure there is ever a good time for coaches to transition but is it better these changes are happening now, or should this stuff be settled by now? (Meaning this time of the season - after signing day, not in the whole tenure of KF's career at Iowa)

If I remember correctly, it took quite awhile for Ferentz to put together his original staff. If he takes that route again, we should be good to go by October.

Erb has been gone a month or more so no secret there. I dont see Reese retiring but who knows. It has been rumored before and will be rumored again until he actually does it.

Also plenty of rumors about possible replacements. I think Kirk will announcem most of them within next two weeks.

If I remember correctly, it took quite awhile for Ferentz to put together his original staff. If he takes that route again, we should be good to go by October.

It took kf four years to win I think right? That was bringing a program back with new coaches and players. Well... We are not that in that same boat, but we have pretty much all new coaches, three bad seasons, and not a ton of talented players coming back. Oh and a new offense. Aren't we close to where we started with kf and wouldn't we them be on another three year plan to win again????

This is the only one that gives me pause. Reese is an outstanding coach and a hell of a recruiter. This will hurt the program, if it's true.

While I am not saying something could have changed, but as of early January he had every intention of coaching next year.

I guess this confirms that Ferentz hates change and wont change. :rolleyes:

We know for a fact that Ferentz hates change because he notes that at every opportunity he gets in one of his press conferences - whether its football or just life in general i.e acting like he doesn't know how to change the cable channel or ranting about twitter. What you are seeing with the staff overhaul - IMO - cannot be underestimated as being an effect of having Brian on the staff.

Reese was my 9th grade phys-ed teacher back in Keystone, Ia a long time ago. He is one of the nicest, finest people I have ever met. He didn't care if you were a jock or the last kid picked for the team, he treated everyone the same and genuinely liked you.

We know for a fact that Ferentz hates change because he notes that at every opportunity he gets in one of his press conferences - whether its football or just life in general i.e acting like he doesn't know how to change the cable channel or ranting about twitter. What you are seeing with the staff overhaul - IMO - cannot be underestimated as being an effect of having Brian on the staff.

Soooo, when KOK and Parker left, that was also an effect of having Brian on staff too?
I'll hang up and listen... Kthx

Wonder if this will impact Ross Pierschbacher or Jay Scheel commitments...both recruited by Reese.

If the rumors of retirement are true, then I'm sure he gave them a heads up when recruiting that he'd be retiring sooner or later and wouldn't be there for their careers. They still committed, so I'm hoping/assuming not.

Norm Parker retired and his health was poor for years. Didn't matter who was on staff.

And KOK!? I don't disagree with Norm being ill, but to suggest that The coaching changes is a result if Brain pulling the strings is simply preposterous! An outrage, I tell you!
Grumble rumble grumble rumble.

i'm starting to fully believe that KOK jumped ship, not asked to leave, tired of being the scape-goat. you can choose what you'd like to believe though.

i'm starting to fully believe that KOK jumped ship, not asked to leave, tired of being the scape-goat. you can choose what you'd like to believe though.

And you would be right. Norm and KOK departures were through normal attrition, if Morgan retires it will be of that same context. Now actually firing of assistant coaches - which is what happened to Campbell, Erb and Wilson (and Kaz to a certain extent) - is something we have not seen from Ferentz. Connect the dots and it only makes sense on my post about Brian Ferentz. I will add that taking into account Kirk decided to bring Davis back its only natural he is also playing a role in this turnover as well especially since one of the new assistants is connected to him, i.e. he wants his own guys.