Reese Morgan gone too?

Wow! There's your change HN. Next year every face at the table will be new. Every day they will whisper to each other away from KF "wtf did you say we are doing again?"

was under the impression that Morgan would have retired last year but was asked to stay to help with the transition. i've never heard anything negative about Coach Morgan. maybe with the others who have left, but not him.

was under the impression that Morgan would have retired last year but was asked to stay to help with the transition. i've never heard anything negative about Coach Morgan. maybe with the others who have left, but not him.

MeatMan, this is the rumor that was going around near the beginning of last season but no one seemed to be hearing more about it.

So are these changes a result of big Berta telling kf it is the assistants or him or coaches leaving because the ship is sinking, or all individual issues, a combination of the above, none of the above? Lots and lots of coaches gone...

So are these changes a result of big Berta telling kf it is the assistants or him or coaches leaving because the ship is sinking, or all individual issues, a combination of the above, none of the above? Lots and lots of coaches gone...

Barta doesn't have that kind of pull. But, I'd bet it's a combo of coaches leaving over differences, some shown the door, and in Morgan's case he's just ready to hang it up.

Sure fire way for Kirk to move Brian up to the top of the list (next to the coordinators)in seniority...i'ma removing my tin foil hat now.

MHA, so you are saying that Barta is peter pumping?

Erb discussing the fake punt against Wisconsin in 2010:

[video=youtube;aIwVw4_7nCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIwVw4_7nCU[/video]

Possible, but doubtful...

Wonder if this will impact Ross Pierschbacher or Jay Scheel commitments...both recruited by Reese.

if the shakeup happens as rumored. Morgan would not have been either guy's position coach. Not dismissing the potential impact, but I don't think it's meaningful to either guy. Plenty of time to become acclimated with any additions to the staff before signing day in 2014.

Barta just might know what he is doing. See Adler, E. S., Berry, M. J. and Doherty, D. (2013), Pushing “Resetâ€￾: The Conditional Effects of Coaching Replacements on College Football Performance. Social Science Quarterly, 94: 1–28. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6237.2012.00929.x

Pushing []Reset[]: The Conditional Effects of Coaching Replacements on College Football Performance - Adler - 2012 - Social Science Quarterly - Wiley Online Library
Results
We find that for particularly poorly performing teams, coach replacements have little effect on team performance as measured against comparable teams that did not replace their coach. However, for teams with middling records—that is, teams where entry conditions for a new coach appear to be more favorable—replacing the head coach appears to result in worse performance over subsequent years than comparable teams who retained their coach.

Leave KF, change all the other coaches. Brainiacs say that's the way to go.

So long as we have Kurt, Doyle and Greg Davis, we will have a good program.

Hear, Hear!

At least we'll always have '01 - '05 and the tantalizing thought of what might have been '08 - '10. Hey, when it's all said and done (at the end of this contract), that's 30 - 35% success!

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but, there's all kinds of folks that would be giddy with that type of % on the floor at Carver. Heck, if folks say, "back-off" at 25%; 30+% would be raging-wood level!)

All hail the greatness of the last 6 and the prospect of the next 6!

Latest posts