Recruits at the Game

TWR96

Besides Ben Brust, who were the other recruits at the game tonight? I didn't recognize any of them.

Seth Tuttle (2011 PF) plays for West Fork, Jarrod Uthoff (2011 PF) plays for Cedar Rapids Jeff, and Junior Lomomba (2012 SF) plays for Madison Memorial (WI) was also there with another kid I couldn't identify.

So two 6'8" PFs and a 6'4" SF that are all under the radar, nice. Good to see that all of the success that Iowa has had recently won't lower our standards for recruiting.

Seth Tuttle (2011 PF) plays for West Fork, Jarrod Uthoff (2011 PF) plays for Cedar Rapids Jeff, and Junior Lomomba (2012 SF) plays for Madison Memorial (WI) was also there with another kid I couldn't identify.

I can't find any of these guys in the recruiting database on scout.com..

Nevermind, I see them listed under our prospects. I don't know why they didn't come up when I searched for their names. Looks like 2 of them are 2012 recruits.

Last edited:
Here are just a few more names that we are recruiting for the 2012 class and beyond:

Iam Short
Skip Dover
Bill Loney
Chuck Fromafar
Corey O. Graff

So two 6'8" PFs and a 6'4" SF that are all under the radar, nice. Good to see that all of the success that Iowa has had recently won't lower our standards for recruiting.

Why do research the recruits when you can just assume they are under the radar.

Eric May was under the radar.
Aaron Fuller was under the radar.

Anything wrong with checking the radar screen. Maybe ours doesn't work. It obviously needs to be updated.

I went to high school when Jared Uthoff was still at Iowa Valley (1A school off I-80 30 min from IC) He was in 8th grade when I was a senior. He was only about 6 foot at the time but was a really a good shooter and could just barely dunk which is impressive for how tall he was then. I think he's about 6'7''-6-8'' now. I think he transferred to Jefferson after his freshmen year to get more exposure.

Why do research the recruits when you can just assume they are under the radar.

Eric May was under the radar.
Aaron Fuller was under the radar.

Lomomba will NOT be under anyone's radar: he will be one of the top prospects nationally for 2012. This is a kid who is going to get numerous Big East, Big Ten, Big 12 offers. If Iowa can get him, early or late in the recruiting process, it will be a positive gain for the Hawkeye program.

Uthoff has made tremendous improvement since being brought up to the HS varsity mid-season a year ago. He is developing into a solid high-major Division 1 big man (think Wisky's Nankovil as a comparison--and it Uthoff can perfect his outside shooting to that of Nankovil, the rest of his game could be better, particularly stronger on the boards). The current Iowa HS kid he resembles most is probably the Moo Coach McDermott's kid at Ames--who is going to be a serious major player for UNI & a guy Iowa & Moo are going to regret losing/not recruiting.

Latest posts