Recruits at Game

JDavis11

According to Twitter

Aaron White is in the house as well as Adam Woodbury.

I would think Oglesby would try to make it as well

Edit: Rob Howe just tweeted Oglesby is here!

I heard Anthony Davis was in the house...Fran's trying to sneak one from Cal....He apparently signed his loi in pencil....we're the leader now. take it for what it's worth

I heard Anthony Davis was in the house...Fran's trying to sneak one from Cal....He apparently signed his loi in pencil....we're the leader now. take it for what it's worth

The Anthony Davis in class of 2011 from Houston?

And sorry I'm not sure what you mean is he a soft verbal commit or did he sign an loi but might try to back out?

The Anthony Davis in class of 2011 from Houston?

And sorry I'm not sure what you mean is he a soft verbal commit or did he sign an loi but might try to back out?

Nope sorry lol...It was a bad attempt at Sarcasm on my part...he is signed with UK

Hopefully any recruit outside the state that is considering Iowa didn't watch the game today. Yikes! On second thought, maybe they can say to themselves, "I would play right away for Iowa".

Hopefully any recruit outside the state that is considering Iowa didn't watch the game today. Yikes! On second thought, maybe they can say to themselves, "I would play right away for Iowa".

That has to be the selling point because right now NO ONE should be guaranteed a starting spot next year. Gatens, especially. Even Basabe.

That has to be the selling point because right now NO ONE should be guaranteed a starting spot next year. Gatens, especially. Even Basabe.

Agree. I hope White and Oglesby can minimally take major minutes, if not put Gatens and May on the bench. I can't remember a more disappointing duo in Iowa basketball history. Gatens inability to knock down shots is killing us and I hope he loses PT to Stoermer for the rest of the season.

Nobody is ever guaranteed a starting spot but there is zero percent chance that Oglesby comes in and takes the starting spot from a healthy senior in Gatens. Zero chance.

Nobody is ever guaranteed a starting spot but there is zero percent chance that Oglesby comes in and takes the starting spot from a healthy senior in Gatens. Zero chance.

It may not be Oglesby, as McCaffrey has two scholarships left. If Gatens and May are starting and playing mega minutes next year, this team won't be any better. Gatens should be stepping up instead of digressing. We have 3 shining examples of why I could care less if we recruit another Iowa kid until McCaffrey gets it turned around.

Gatens does not have the cult following he has had in the past. He has consistently underperformed all year and is invisible in close games at crunch time/

A little overeactionary I think...One problem that has plagued Iowa all season is bench points. Cole is the only one that is lost and Iowa gets back Payne and is adding Oglesby/White and possibly two more players, so I don't think a full bench and bench production will be an issue. The starters next season will be the same four plus a new one, who will it be, don't care. Lack of depth rarely allows a team to keep a lead, like today, when the bench comes in, or able to chip into a lead when they come in. If you are saying Basabe are you throwing Cartwright in that ring as well? Iowa came off an emotional loss against Wisconsin and got beat up today, it is impossible for Iowa to match-up against some teams and this is one of those today, Iowa does not have enough size or players to come off the bench to provide mismatches as well, give Fran more time to get quality depth and Iowa forces their game on opponents, not the other way around.
Settle down...

It appears that Archie is always injured and needs to go. Hopefully Brommer isn't the only post player we have next season. Gatens needs to be sharing minutes with May and Stoermer until he actually shows he can be productive again, which may be never. And Marble needs to play the 3 position in front of McCabe until McCabe gets it going again I actually would start May, Marble, Cartwright Brommer and Basabe until one of the other guys decides to show up again.

A little overeactionary I think...

Hardly an overreaction. Right now there's not much of a foundation on this team on which to build a program, beyond Basabe and perhaps Cartwright. Don't really see May or McCabe contributing much beyond relief minutes. Marble is still a major work in process.

Matt's not getting it done. His play is pretty one-dimensional. He can shoot 3s; if those aren't falling he doesn't have much left to contribute. He can't drive; when he does he usually gets stripped or blocked. He's really not big enough to be a key on defense, ala Marble or Basabe.

It appears that Archie is always injured and needs to go. Hopefully Brommer isn't the only post player we have next season. Gatens needs to be sharing minutes with May and Stoermer until he actually shows he can be productive again, which may be never. And Marble needs to play the 3 position in front of McCabe until McCabe gets it going again I actually would start May, Marble, Cartwright Brommer and Basabe until one of the other guys decides to show up again.

LOL, the dude's broken a collar bone and sat out a few with a major concussion, it's not like he's got re-occuring ankle or knee issues or is missing games for minor reasons.

It appears that Archie is always injured and needs to go.
I agree with the other poster -- so now we are getting rid of Archie because he is 'always injured.' Come on -- you serious?

Fran will not run a player off the team. And, Archie has actually given some quality minutes this year. He could actually be a decent contributor off the bench next season if he improves similarly to what he did from last season to this. Will he be a starter? -- no way. Does Iowa need another starting post presence for next season? -- definitely. But I would have no problem with Brommer and Archie coming off the bench next year as the first 1 and 2 big options if Iowa doesn't bring in two bigs this off season. And, I'm certainly never in favor of running a player off because off any other reason than off court troubles or academics.

It may not be Oglesby, as McCaffrey has two scholarships left. If Gatens and May are starting and playing mega minutes next year, this team won't be any better. Gatens should be stepping up instead of digressing. We have 3 shining examples of why I could care less if we recruit another Iowa kid until McCaffrey gets it turned around.

Gatens does not have the cult following he has had in the past. He has consistently underperformed all year and is invisible in close games at crunch time/

Gatens is just not a big time B10 player like he is being asked to be on this team. If he's your number one option, you're really going to struggle. If he had went to a better team, he would be a real nice 4th or 5th option on a much better team. It's too bad he hasn't gotten to play with better talent since he's been here.

Latest posts