Recruiting will be impacted

Thats a great perspective....trust me when I say sports are just sports. Life is much bigger than a game. Problem is what causes a coach who has a team locked in the NCAA tourney to come out with such hatred. You should study this Steve McJunkins.... He isnt a very clean official. And he is from OSU. IF you dony think sports officials cany be bought, there is ignorance in this world.
I was in high school. I remember Jim Bain well. I've probably referenced him in over a dozen threads. I referenced him yesterday.

Someone back in the day made "hang Jim Bain" shirts or something to that extent. The manufacturing of the shirts got halted but if some are still around today they would be collector's items for sure.

Do you think a twenty point loss was decided by officiating? If you're old enough to remember Jim Bain but still get that irate with officiating there are other issues at work here. At the very least Fran has been around long enough to know how to deal with officials. He doesn't, that's why he's suspended again.

Show me a fan message board of a school that is rational & uses common sense about their team.
If that "podcaster" from Mississippi State is an indicator of other boards, I'm not too worried what recruits think about us. Listening to him made me feel like the plantation system was alive and well south of the Mason/Dixon line. The way he talked about the players was creepy.

this I don't entirely disagree with, not because of Fran is a hothead. Seriously, look around at the game. Most coaches are hot heads. But the Barta snafu on the Dolph deal IMO has a much lingering affect due to the nature of what transpired.
Do we really have to chronicle all the boneheaded moves by Gary Barta has been at Iowa? He's terrible at that job he should have been fired alooooong time ago...nobody in the administration is listening. Think about it he stated he fully acknowledges and backs the decision to suspend and apparently he has talked to minority student athletes at Iowa how hurt they are by people (regarding exactly what I have no idea). But here's a guy who's behavior and lack of department leadership caused a guilty verdict of discrimination just last year! Was he suspended? I am not aware that he was. Was he docked a year's pay for his stupidity? I don't seem to recall a news story about that. Of course Gary is still there because the throngs of Hawkeye alumni haven't marched on the President's office and students AND alum should be. Fire Gary Barta should be their chant.

Latest posts