Recruiting will be impacted

Players love to play for coaches that have fire like Fran! All kinds of support on Twitter for Fran from former players! Also, great comments from Cook last night. This should be a rallying call for this team to play hard for their head coach while he’s out.

636411801214430043-170916-08-Iowa-vs-North-Texas-football-ds.jpg

I once heard that there is no such thing as bad press. I think it was in reference to Dennis Rodman. In this case it has people thinking and talking about Iowa. Who knows what it will lead to.

I've personally see Izzy go ape shit crazy in games and the s.o.b doesn't even get T'd up.
I wouldn't give a crap about Fran's outburst but they seem to happen more when the team is under performing and do to the lack of his abilities to field a consistent d-fense and it's almost like he knows this is his fault and he cracks at the pressure of his own failures and thus lashes out and cast blame at all but himself!

More like Dolph referring to a player as a gorilla is going to hinder recruiting especially when the fan base supports it.

It's possible to believe he shouldn't have been suspended but also believe he needs to think about proper nouns to describe players.

Iowa is going to continue looking very white. You think any family of color is going to want their kids to come play at a school with such an ignorant fan base? No way. If they read the comments on this message board they are running very far away. Guaranteed.

More like Dolph referring to a player as a gorilla is going to hinder recruiting especially when the fan base supports it.

It's possible to believe he shouldn't have been suspended but also believe he needs to think about proper nouns to describe players.

Iowa is going to continue looking very white. You think any family of color is going to want their kids to come play at a school with such an ignorant fan base? No way. If they read the comments on this message board they are running very far away. Guaranteed.

Show me a fan message board of a school that is rational & uses common sense about their team.

So an Ohio State player throwing an elbow at one of our guys doeant warrant a coach to call shit out? Personally calling a ref a MF ER IF warranted is okay by me. These assholes with whistles know that when the game begins its THEIR WAY. Most people here probably dont remember Jim Bain. Google it...iowa fans wanted to kill his ass.
He got tossed at Marlyand last year. But he had legitimate reasons to be upset that night. His players were getting mugged, elbowed in the head, stood over, on and on.

So raise your hand if you want to play for a program in constant turmoil because of hot heads like Fran McCaffery and bumbling buffoons like Gary Barta who are incapable of handling the simplest of PR situations? This is what we will get, along with a divided fan base, as long as these two are around. Even in a scenario in which Fran is fired there is not only the financial hit (Fran's sweet new buyout clause), but there is also a matter of attracting a coach who is willing to work for the above mentioned buffoon in said turmoil because he isn't going anywhere if you believe that Bruce Harreld has his back. If you are familiar with the struggles Illinois dealt with the last several years (turmoil in their athletic department), familiarize yourself because Iowa could be facing the same fate if this isn't put to a stop soon.

Question for you Hoxrock- do you think the decision by Xavier Foster, to come to Iowa or go elsewhere, will determine Iowa's near future?

Just curious but was that around when they assigned 5 seed Iowa to play 12 seed Wichita State in Wichita? Always wondered if that was just a (ahem) coincidence.

You already know the answer to that. No way in hell was that a coincidence!

So an Ohio State player throwing an elbow at one of our guys doeant warrant a coach to call shit out? Personally calling a ref a MF ER IF warranted is okay by me. These assholes with whistles know that when the game begins its THEIR WAY. Most people here probably dont remember Jim Bain. Google it...iowa fans wanted to kill his ass.
I was in high school. I remember Jim Bain well. I've probably referenced him in over a dozen threads. I referenced him yesterday.

Someone back in the day made "hang Jim Bain" shirts or something to that extent. The manufacturing of the shirts got halted but if some are still around today they would be collector's items for sure.

Do you think a twenty point loss was decided by officiating? If you're old enough to remember Jim Bain but still get that irate with officiating there are other issues at work here. At the very least Fran has been around long enough to know how to deal with officials. He doesn't, that's why he's suspended again.

Last edited:

Latest posts