Recruiting Roundup

RobHowe

Administrator
Figured I'd start a thread where I can drop some news and notes so we have them in one spot leading up to signing day. I will start one each week depending on volume.

I contacted Dowling coach Tom Wilson a bit ago. He told me that Reese Morgan was to meet with John Waggoner and him around 1:30 today. Hopefully we have some info on that front sometime this afternoon.

Rob, can you give us a list of the current expected signees, including walk-ons? I have lost track of who is coming on board during the season.

I think everybody that is committed will sign with the possible exception of DJ Johnson. As I wrote in another thread, hopefully the staff can close the deal with him this week. Time will tell.

Walk-ons don't sign and Iowa is still adding to that group.

Rob do you like Iowa's chances with Will Honas? Is Nebraska getting involved cause for worry?

Bell is scheduled to visit him today and he'll be here on an official this weekend. Needs to play out. Iowa needs to close the deal.

I heard back from CA QB Spencer Petras last night. He will be officially visiting Sunday and Monday. He has a playoff game Saturday night. Getting him on campus is a significant developement.

Rob,

It has come to my attention that super quarterback and all around stud Trevor Lawrence reminds me of a young CJ Beathard. I'm not sure what it is about this kid, but after looking at some pictures and game tapes of Trevor Lawrence,I think some similarities are there. I know he is solid in his commitment to Clemson but maybe Ken O'Keefe and BF can send him some game tape from CJ's run and see if he is interested in coming here. Maybe we have a shot at this kid.

Is getting a QB a high priority this year? I know they like to get at least one every year it seems like but unless someone transfers out aren't they pretty well stacked? Are they anticipating Wiegers and or Boyle leaving? Because unless one of them leave they'd have 4 qbs for next yr still. 3 of them having 2 or more years left.

Latest posts