Recruiting Ban List

CAARHawk

Banned
Tuesday at 2:45, the last two options on the recruiting challenge list will choose their schools. This will mark the end of the recruiting ban challenge.

The challenge was the the losers would eat crow and ban themselves from the site for a week.

If neither Katenda nor Olaseni choose Iowa, we expect those who said Iowa would sign two players from the list to drop the ban hammer on themselves. If one does choose Iowa the others need to do the same.

Please use this site to take your appropriate medicine.

YES MEN (Need one of these guys to commit)
Caarhawk
IA TrainMaster
Rodg 12
BigD
HawkStrat
MinnHawk01

NO MEN (Don't want one to commit [of course only for purposes of challenge]
SixerHawk
Clim33
HawkForce
HawkIhoops
Mister Lucky
1Hawkeye1
Broderick Hawk

Don't be moochers

I'm feeling pretty confident I'll be here after 2:45 tomorrow, what with Olesani's "mystery school" in the mix. :D

For the record, I'd rather have the player though.

So how does this work, do we get one post to admit we are wrong, or do we just leave for a week. Pretty sure Gabe doesn't want to be a Hawk.

Sounds like Katenda is history, but I'm really nervous about Olesani. Especially after Fran said we would sign two more this spring. Hubbard was 1. #2 is........(gulp)
I will gladly self-ban if we can sign him.

I think there has been a case of identity fraud here....I don't recall agreeing to the challenge. In fact I think I think I avoided your original thread. With that being said, I don't think we get either KS kid, but I am not subjecting myself to a 1 week ban. I don't want my boss getting the wrong idea if my productivity has an sudden spike.

I think there has been a case of identity fraud here....I don't recall agreeing to the challenge. In fact I think I think I avoided your original thread. With that being said, I don't think we get either KS kid, but I am not subjecting myself to a 1 week ban. I don't want my boss getting the wrong idea if my productivity has an sudden spike.

We will be lucky to get Olaseni and he is very marginal IMO. I think we are going to whiff on all by week's end. I hope to get posterized for being wrong, but with 2 down already, it is not looking good. I don't see a kid who doesn't have at least 1-2 better offers. We offer a 3 year plan (maybe) to get the NCAA tourney and other programs are on auto pilot.

I think the deck will be reshuffled and it might be May or June before we fill the 3 spots. The staff just hasn't had enough time to gain traction with kids that have been recruited for 1-2 years.

there you go

I am sticking to my guns and feel that neither will commit to Iowa, but sincerely hope I am wrong and both surprise us pleasantly. I forget the bet. If I am wrong, am I not to post for a week or can't I even access the board for a week to read the wisdom ensconced here?

Are we off the hook if Katenda/Olaseni go elsewhere but Gibson miraculously commits to us? :D

I would say you can't post for a week.

I wasn't feeling strong about my position, however the most recent info makes me feel more comfortable.

I'll go on record now and say that regardless of what Gabe does today, I felt all along that Hubbard was the necessary get of the bunch and we landed him.

I liked Carter quite a bit, didn't know much about Stokes and was relieved we did not use a scholly on Washpun (not trying to be mean). I have never felt we were going to get Katenda. I still feel good about Olesani and think, if he does pick Iowa, he will help a little this year and be a great get in a couple of years when he develops.

No matter what happens today we will get another big in this class and be happy with them.

With all that said, I still think Olesani to Iowa today.

Me too. He looked to be a real steal.

So Glad to NOT be banned and even more so to get Olaseni! I have been saying all along that Fran needed to turn the recruiting around quickly to survive and people have hammered me thinking that I was being critical. I kept saying it was only critical if you didn't think he could do it.

This class has now become very respectful and the type on which you can build. With Meyer, if he can get Woodbury to come on board he will have three legitimate big men who can move.

He gets the instant contributor in Hubbard that he needs, as well as a better distribution of scholarships.

With White he gets a very fluid big, with a soft shot and plenty of room to grow.

With Og's he gets a spot up shooter to stretch the D, who will not need to be the focus of the offense.

Now, all he needs is a starting PG, and he can then start to build depth.

Good day to be a Hawk

So Glad to NOT be banned and even more so to get Olaseni! I have been saying all along that Fran needed to turn the recruiting around quickly to survive and people have hammered me thinking that I was being critical. I kept saying it was only critical if you didn't think he could do it.

This class has now become very respectful and the type on which you can build. With Meyer, if he can get Woodbury to come on board he will have three legitimate big men who can move.

He gets the instant contributor in Hubbard that he needs, as well as a better distribution of scholarships.

With White he gets a very fluid big, with a soft shot and plenty of room to grow.

With Og's he gets a spot up shooter to stretch the D, who will not need to be the focus of the offense.

Now, all he needs is a starting PG, and he can then start to build depth.

Good day to be a Hawk

Yes it is!!
And yes, you did have a point about early momentum in a new coaching regime....and Fran can meet that standard if he grabs Woody,Gesell and a couple of more solid recruits by next november(unless we do not bank the last one from this year). I would hope we can go after a big fish combo guard to go with Gesell,and another athletic small forward like that 6'6'' kid from Indiana...

Fran talks the talk,and now he is walking the walk of a guy who can get us back to bb respectability,which is sufficient for now.

Latest posts