Reason Super Conferences would be good

vegashawki

Everything that you add super in front of is pretty frickin awesome here are some examples: Superbowl, Super hero and Super Walmart just to name afew. Personally I'm ready to get rid of traditions and rivalries..... lets get with the times folks.

Look what it did for the word duper. Without super, duper would never be used.

For discounts do you want a saver or a super saver?

I am a fan of traditions and rivalries. That is why I actually think the Superconferences could be good. While you would be adding some more schools into the mix, you would still be playing mainly to win your conference. Because, without doing that you are not moving on to some kind of post-season playoff situation.

Has adding Nebby and PSU been bad for the B1G? PSU has been our most meaningful rival over the last 10 years and the Nebby game has jumped to our most anticipated rivalry game in one year.

If the B1G went to Superconference status, they could break up into divisions with a Western division of Nebby, Minny, Iowa, and Wisky. What could be better from a rivalry standpoint than that?

The winner of each division could then go into a 2 game playoff with the other division champs.

Four B1G champs going head-to-head at the end of the season to decide the conference championship, play the first two rounds at the home of the higher ranked team, the championship at a neutral site. That would be a way to move forward and still honor tradition.

If the NCAA would allow a 13 game schedule, you could also schedule the remaining teams to play each other based on divisional rotation. For instance, the remaining teams from the West host home games against the remaining teams from the East in year one and then visit the East in year two. Play all those games at 11:00 and 2:00 and the divisional playoffs at 3:30 and prime time.

I am a fan of traditions and rivalries. That is why I actually think the Superconferences could be good. While you would be adding some more schools into the mix, you would still be playing mainly to win your conference. Because, without doing that you are not moving on to some kind of post-season playoff situation.

Has adding Nebby and PSU been bad for the B1G? PSU has been our most meaningful rival over the last 10 years and the Nebby game has jumped to our most anticipated rivalry game in one year.

If the B1G went to Superconference status, they could break up into divisions with a Western division of Nebby, Minny, Iowa, and Wisky. What could be better from a rivalry standpoint than that?

The winner of each division could then go into a 2 game playoff with the other division champs.

Four B1G champs going head-to-head at the end of the season to decide the conference championship, play the first two rounds at the home of the higher ranked team, the championship at a neutral site. That would be a way to move forward and still honor tradition.

If the NCAA would allow a 13 game schedule, you could also schedule the remaining teams to play each other based on divisional rotation. For instance, the remaining teams from the West host home games against the remaining teams from the East in year one and then visit the East in year two. Play all those games at 11:00 and 2:00 and the divisional playoffs at 3:30 and prime time.

As usual, hot garbage.

Adding more teams who have no tradition can in no way improve upon the rivalries that exist in the Big Ten. Any week where a current Big Ten team plays one of the added teams is a week where they're not playing an old conference foe. No matter how you slice it, adding Virginia, Syracuse, Rutgers, Maryland, whoever means playing Ohio State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Penn State, Michigan, etc less. That sucks.

When was the last time anyone used a califragilisticexpialidocious?

I mean, once the Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious was introduced what was the point?

I would love to see 4 16 team super-conferences. It was solve the playoff issue easily and the rest of the teams could do their regular bowl game deal. We add Pitt, ND, Rutgers and some other NE school.
Iowa is than put into a pod where they are gaurenteed to play UW, NEB, and MINN each year. Would love for that happen.

Also, all conferneces could move to a 9 game conference schedule. Imagine our fun our football schedule would be every year.....Neb, Wisc, Minn, Mich, MSU, PSU, ND, OSU, IL, NW....Hell, let's ditch ISU and go to a 10 game conference schedule. Like Delaey said, I want to play more B1G oppenents more often.

Also, all conferneces could move to a 9 game conference schedule. Imagine our fun our football schedule would be every year.....Neb, Wisc, Minn, Mich, MSU, PSU, ND, OSU, IL, NW....Hell, let's ditch ISU and go to a 10 game conference schedule. Like Delaey said, I want to play more B1G oppenents more often.

Go to a ten-game schedule now with 12 teams. The schedule you mentioned would be great every year, but it's not going to happen. You're going to have to play the short-bus teams like Syracuse and Pitt and Rutgers and whoever else they'd be forced to take. 16 teams sucks.

I would much rather see all conferences add two non-conference games with annual inter-conference game rotations like we're starting with the PAC in 2017.

If we went to 16 team leagues and kept 8 game conference schedule, we would rarely play those "short bus" teams you mentioned.

If we went to 16 team leagues and kept 8 game conference schedule, we would rarely play those "short bus" teams you mentioned.

Who's going to play them? They'll be rotated in just like all the other teams in the conference. We'd play them as often as we'd play Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, MSU, etc.

Latest posts