Reason Super Conferences would be good

So when fans from other sites post, that means they NEED the entire conference, or even that team for instance.

Bahahahahaha.

It just really means how insecure they really are about their conference, program, etc.

We just really do not need anything from the SEC, Big12 or ISU. We fine like we are. That's when you know it's good. So run along.

I'm in favor of sticking with our alliance with the Pac-12 and doing exactly what was described in the OSU blog. Let the SEC create some 'national title' game that involves themselves and an occasional Big 12 sacrificial lamb. We'll do our thing and overtime we'll see who wins out or if the next deal to unify is beneficial to us - my guess is it will be.

I'm not *not* in favor of doing that. I couldn't care less about the SEC and big xii and the acc and the big east. I have no desire to see a playoff or to see things be any different in football than they were 30 years ago. I would LOVE to see the Big Ten and Pac 12 give the finger to everyone else and go off to the Rose Bowl at the end of the year like they did generations ago and say to hell with a playoff. It's just not realistic, though. If the BT/Pac12 do that, it's the end of those conferences. No five-star recruit is going to go to a school in a conference who shuns a "championship" playoff in favor of a (the absolutely greatest ever) bowl game. The best we purists can hope for is for Delany to convince the idiot knuckledraggers in the SEC to agree to a "plus-one" scenario where the SEC and Big XII do their thing in their new pee-wee bowl game and the winner probably plays the winner of the granddaddy Rose Bowl, unless someone else is ranked higher after all that. A Plus-one is really the best thing that could ever happen to college football.

CardinalAndGold, GhostofBTT is clueless. He comes at you with these dopey picture posts to, in his opinion, prove his point. Don't sweat Ghost, er, joker.

You're OK even if you 're a clone fan.

the best thing about superconferences would be if they let each conference have 4 teams play a conference semi-final games and then the championship game. Then only conference champions move on to the football playoffs. This could be 8 eventually if conferences stay at 12 or it could be 4 or even 6 if conferences go to 16 or more. This wouldn't be that bad if teams would play 10 or more conference games instead of playing lousy non-conference matchups with directional schools.

Latest posts