REALITY 101

Iowa is a competative team and I don't think anyone can dispute that. What I consider an uncompetative team is Northwestern the past few games. Their roster is depleted and they just are not competative.

Iowa struggles at times because they don't have a consistent play-maker. Iowa's offense is based on transition baskets, ball movement and good passing. Iowa doesn't have a player who can consistently create offense so if the transition baskets and good pasing stops Iowa struggles to score.

I think Iowa would have bigger leads to play with if they had someone who could consistently knock down 3 point shots. Maybe that would have stopped MSU, Indiana, and Minnesota from pulling out victories at the end of the game.

I don't think Iowa can be a really good team (top 3 Big 10 & legit Elite 8 team) until they recruit a play maker at the 2 or 3. Iowa needs a ball handler who can get to the basket against another teams best defender consistently. That is what makes teams really good. I don't define really good until you have team that is an Elite 8 team no matter what teams show up in your NCAA bracket.

I agree for the most part. One thing you said that I see a lot on here is Iowa struggles at times because they don't have a playmaker. Teams that have a playmaker still struggle at times because their playmaker has an off night. There are 2 ways to win in basketball, have one person that can take over and have a team that plays well as a team. We are obviously the later but that doesn't mean we still can't be elite.

I look for Jok to really open up the inside next season and make everyone's lives easier. Driving lanes should be open for RDM and Whitey. Basabe should be able to do major damage next year.

Bottom line for this year: We can't shoot. Been that way all year.

I still don't even feel confident about making the NIT. We can't win close games. I would rather Iowa get smoked than lose all of these disheartening close games.

I wish that people could resort to discussing the team, which I believe is still compelling and relevant, rather than topics that are obscene and disgusting.

If you can figure out a good topic to discuss about this team then feel free to start a thread.

If you can figure out a good topic to discuss about this team then feel free to start a thread.

While I am certainly of a more optimistic timbre than it would appear that many of my fellow denizens, I don't think trying to elevate the discourse above the vapid topic of underpants would indicate that any criticism of the team's performance is unwarranted. It is puzzling to me why that kind of discussion is acceptable here.

I still don't even feel confident about making the NIT. We can't win close games. I would rather Iowa get smoked than lose all of these disheartening close games.
I think Iowa has already done enough to get in the NIT. One more win would guarantee it.

I think Iowa is tall enough to get on the big rides. Their problem is when going to step on the roller coaster, they step on their shoe strings and trip over their own feet never making it on the ride.

While I am certainly of a more optimistic timbre than it would appear that many of my fellow denizens, I don't think trying to elevate the discourse above the vapid topic of underpants would indicate that any criticism of the team's performance is unwarranted. It is puzzling to me why that kind of discussion is acceptable here.

It's not like the entire thread got highjacked. It was like 3 posts out of 50. There are a lot of quality posts in this thread.

Quit derailing the thread!

You must be a whitey tighty kinda guy.

Latest posts